[ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by StaceyH »

Indeed, thoroughly enjoyed last night and whilst I agree that we shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves, let’s enjoy it while we can!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

A pretty entertaining and comprehensive win last night. Some of the football we played was excellent!

Having gone 1 nil down completely against the run of play I always felt we'd go on and win the game even after falling behind.

We looked a threat from set pieces all evening, whether that was corners, long throw or free kicks. With the likes of Jacko, Bowen, Dolman, Collard and Lorraine, we have a lot of fire power to enable us to score plenty of goals from set pieces this season! It may not always be pretty but if you have those type of tools at your disposal you may as well use them. The Collard headed goal was a brilliantly rehearsed routine.

Obviously not getting too far ahead of myself, but 2 games in and 2 wins on the board, against teams who you'd imagine would be at the wrong end of the table come the end of the season is a nice solid start. If nothing more it installs some confidence that we should have more than enough to maintain our status at this level.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Thursday report/interview with Andy Peaks - post Leiston Match.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 33056?s=20

Ben Acquaye celebrates after he scored Diamonds' fourth goal in their 5-1 victory over Leiston at Hayden Road.
Picture courtesy HawkinsImages
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights