Bar swap feedback

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: Bar swap feedback

Post by Dazzler »

Three Nips wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:49 am Although not disabled myself, personally I'd think it a little bit degrading if I needed a steward to accompany through to the bar the other side. Surely you can trust people to make their way through, it's not like the Royal Family will be there in any case! A few up their backside 'board members' possibly but for all that's holy, surely a bit of common sense should prevail!
Yes, the common sense approach is to speak to some of our fans that would be impacted by the switchover - which we are still trialling and working though, which is what we did. And are always open to more feedback, as has always been the case. A few fans have difficulty with the steps/terrace to the new entry, so those that can't manage those can go via the original bar entrance. Although this is fairly step free, it adds a couple of extra doors, which individuals with sticks or walkers may have issues with, so the steward will just help with the doors if required, else they will just let them through the bar door. This has been fine with the individuals that have needed whatever assistance, and feedback has been positive so far.

Feel free to speak to a board member or myself in person (as I tend to look after the stadium/co-ordinate volunteers etc..) - make yourself known to Matt in the turnstile and am sure he can find myself or the relevant person.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It was our first time in that bar and our biggest impression was that it was too "sterile" and needed AFCRD pictures on the wall. Maybe they're in the pipeline along with getting the second tv up and running?
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:44 pm It was our first time in that bar and our biggest impression was that it was too "sterile" and needed AFCRD pictures on the wall. Maybe they're in the pipeline along with getting the second tv up and running?
We do have extra memorabilia to go up in the corridor and some near the bar end of Oak Room, though as the room is also used for other events such as Weddings/Parties etc.. the main part of the room (away from Bar section) is likely to remain relatively neutral.

A number of shirts (Early AFCR&D Playfish and EA Sports ones - damaged in the Great Fire of Wellingborough) are currently being re-framed along with a few other extra shirts, and old Strikers Bar pics we already have ready to go up.

We're also working on a few larger pics from the current first team - a few pics from the 2013-2019 period.

AFCRDMemorabilia.jpg
AFCRDMemorabilia.jpg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 1525 times