K*ttering rumours

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: K*ttering rumours

Post by Adrian »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm Were they all waiting for Laws departure before committing?
More like a way to try and deflect attention by announcing all the player news etc.

I feel sorry for Marcus Law, you buy cough** win the club a league trophy and end up out of a job, same thing happened to their last manager after buying cough** winning the club a league trophy. :cheesy:

Now then, if it turns out that rumours of the manager paying the players are true surely the FA have to investigate, it may not be Manchester City but if they were doing the same it would be a breach rules, surely the rules apply to all the leagues no matter what level of football they play at.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm Not all bad news for Ploppies. Aaron O Coñnor re-signs ( who will pay his wages?) and Connor Kennedy from Corby, plus a few more from last season. Were they all waiting for Laws departure before committing?
Apparently the chairman is going to pay O’Connor wages & the thousands law still owes him. The s**t that manager has got the scum into
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I see K*ttering are frantically pushing their fundraising and season ticket sales.

I wonder if the other strong rumours are true that Dan Holman may have already left the building???
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:36 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm Were they all waiting for Laws departure before committing?
More like a way to try and deflect attention by announcing all the player news etc.

I feel sorry for Marcus Law, you buy cough** win the club a league trophy and end up out of a job, same thing happened to their last manager after buying cough** winning the club a league trophy. :cheesy:

Now then, if it turns out that rumours of the manager paying the players are true surely the FA have to investigate, it may not be Manchester City but if they were doing the same it would be a breach rules, surely the rules apply to all the leagues no matter what level of football they play at.
I doubt the FA would care, if its not called the premier league they don't give a toss.

Have they followed through with their promise they would invest in grassroots?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:57 am

I doubt the FA would care, if its not called the premier league they don't give a toss.

Good point , although I thought the FA had issued a few warnings to big spending non league clubs in the last 2 years.

I wonder if Marcus Law will ever manage again unless at a club he used to work at.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

These players are semi-professional and presumably most of them will have jobs outside of football. If that job outside of football is with/for someone that is also employed on a semi-professional basis within the same place of work then I don't necessarily see what the problem is with that. What would be a problem is if the two were linked in some way and the manager was paying players on behalf of the club or that the job went hand-in-hand with the player remaining at the club. Of course, all of the above becomes a problem if payments don't materialise.

I'd heard about what was rumoured to be going on at K*ttering over a year ago so I find it incomprehensible that the Chairman hadn't heard the same. Or maybe he had heard and just dismissed it. From what little I have heard I would not expect Dan Holman to be there next year without Law, and to be truthful i'm surprised to see some other names have signed back on for them over the weekend.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Their budget has been halved from last year :flex:
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The Southern League website carries the appointment of Nicky Eadon at K*ttering. But K*ttering are not in the Southern League. Are they expecting an early return? :cheesy:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:07 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:57 am

Good point , although I thought the FA had issued a few warnings to big spending non league clubs in the last 2 years.

I wonder if Marcus Law will ever manage again unless at a club he used to work at.
He’s an average manager, he pumped his own money into the club to hide his own shortcomings. He didn’t exactly set the world alight at Tamworth.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

So their best striker has gone Brackley Holman . Also more worrying is that their chairman has said they need to install a new 500 covered seat stand plus other things by March to be able to stay in conf north . That stand would be £80k at least . And still there fans want the club to buy the best players from step 1-2