K*ttering rumours

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: K*ttering rumours

Post by Trek »

Norfolk Diamond wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 am Can anyone supply a source of any of the rumours?
Jungle drums that has reached Norfolk as the King’s Lynn Owner, Stephen Cleeve, who is a hotelier in Cley alluded to it a year or so ago. As usual twitter is your friend.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I think it was pretty common knowledge that Marcus Law was bankrolling them this season gone, I even heard they were paying one of their strikers £800 a month.

There were two of our supporters discussing this, and when I told them it was Marcus Law who was doing so, they both looked at me puzzled. I just told them that's what I'd heard!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Not much longer to wait?
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Rhys Hoenes and Lathaniel Rowe-Turner gone to Tamworth. Gutted we have to play against that cheat again next season. Will be interesting to see if they have anyone turn up to pre-season training :read:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

So Law has gone, still law & Order never going to last long at K*ttering, resignation accepted 😂 bet that was an interesting conversation. We’ve been rumbled I’m Chairman and going nowhere so off you go.
If the new man not in a position to “add financial assistance” can we expect a new fund raising scheme shortly to help the poor souls out.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Holman another to go, not sure where yet. All the big money guys now jumped ship. Where will the SS Law berth next? New manager probably to come from existing ranks or an ex player. Certainly Tamworth seem to be reaping the benefits of Ploppies fall out, they and Stourbridge will be the ones to beat next season.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:59 pmNew manager probably to come from existing ranks or an ex player.
As you say, ex-player.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 6193289216

And there you go. @Eaden2 returns to @KTFCOfficial as the new manager. He had a playing spell under Mark Cooper and was then assistant manager to him as well. Now he has the job of leading the Poppies back into the @TheNationalLge North
paulg

Post by paulg »

Interesting departure from his previous position at Hednesford, lasted less than 4 months before having a bust-up with the board over the playing budget (can’t see that being a sensitive subject at all at his latest club), not turning up for training and naming his unregistered 15-year-old son on the bench for a first-team fixture.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/20 ... aden-exit/

More fun and games - and ‘creative accounting’ - to come I think.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Sounds like a hasty panic stricken appointment. How long before the fans get on his back. Someone like Brett Solkhon would have been a better choice, unless of course he is on the move as well.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Not all bad news for Ploppies. Aaron O Coñnor re-signs ( who will pay his wages?) and Connor Kennedy from Corby, plus a few more from last season. Were they all waiting for Laws departure before committing?