Ben Farrell

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Ben Farrell

Post by Brownie »

Worth 10 minutes of everyone's day to sit down quietly and not only read but give some thought to the article Jon Dunham as done with Ben. We all may know somebody who has or is suffering from mental illness, sadly there are many more of our friends, work colleagues or acquaintances possibly through football who are suffering without our knowledge. Very brave of Ben to do this and from someone who has seen him most weeks for a couple of years now I was as shocked as I'm sure most of you all were when he first opened up about the long term health problems he has had. Things like this put the everyday problems that we all experience into harsh perspective, so well done Ben and hopefully the article will open a few more peoples eyes to what many people out there are suffering in silence, all the best and hopefully be seeing you soon.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Ben Farrell

Post by davealbon »

Absolutely, an incredibly moving read. A massive well done to Ben for having the courage to go public with his problems, and I hope it inspires others facing similar issues to open up and seek the support they need.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Ben Farrell

Post by BartonRaz »

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sp ... -1-8962858

Another article this morning on the subject. Huge repect for the guy for talking about the subject so openly.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291