Jon Dunham's Review of the Season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Jon Dunham's Review of the Season

Post by Dazzler »

Via

There were some good moments for AFC Rushden & Diamonds in their first season at Step 3 with one of them being the 1-0 home win over Kings Lynn Town, courtesy of a Tom Lorraine goal. Picture by Alison Bagley
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Jon Dunham's Review of the Season

Post by Adrian »

A decent review, I like Jon, some unusual folk seem to imagine him as being biased which is unfair. He always seems happy for all Northants teams to win and his write ups are always balanced.

I don't think there are any of our fans who aren't happy with this season, we did well to finish where we did and it seems unreal that we were in an even better position for much of the season, this will probably raise the bar for next seasons expectations, we will see what happens with transfers in and out though, hopefully we can keep the main of the squad together.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Adrian wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 pm A decent review, I like Jon, some unusual folk seem to imagine him as being biased which is unfair. He always seems happy for all Northants teams to win and his write ups are always balanced.
That's because it's a well know fact that he used to be a K*ttering fan. He may be honest in his opinions, but he's always going to favour the poppies in his head
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Adrian wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 pm A decent review, I like Jon, some unusual folk seem to imagine him as being biased which is unfair. He always seems happy for all Northants teams to win and his write ups are always balanced.
That's because it's a well know fact that he used to be a K*ttering fan. He may be honest in his opinions, but he's always going to favour the poppies in his head
It doesn't help that he plays for a KTFC Vets team too, but I also do like him and his coverage nevertheless, he's generally very fair in his coverage of Diamonds imo.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

To be fair John was probably introduced to his local team before R & D existed, and you would expect him to have a loyalty to them. I don't think his reporting is biased. He praises and criticises in equal measure wherever and to whoever. He is also a really nice guy and does try very hard to promote our club in a positive manner.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 am To be fair John was probably introduced to his local team before R & D existed, and you would expect him to have a loyalty to them.
Of course he did bearing in mind that his father has held various official positions within the club over many years.