Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:29 pm Ryan Robbins scored hat trick for Loughborough v Stocksbridge yesterday....plenty of life in the old dog yet!

Interesting Q & A with Andy Burgess in todays NLP. Comments on Garry Hill and on those responsible for R & D demise, quote " completely sums up the type of person who was allowed to own the football club". He also has 9 ex R & D players in his best X1, including SAtuart Wardley who has just relinquished his post as manager of Saffron Waldron.
I found his comments on Garry Hill interesting which suggested interference in team affairs at boardroom level. I was unaware that that may have been going on and might make me think differently about Garry Hill because I always thought he was a total clown.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:54 am I found his comments on Garry Hill interesting which suggested interference in team affairs at boardroom level.
I believe Garry Hill was only appointed because of his brother, Colin, involvement with Keith Cousins. Hill, as many may be aware, profited from the purchase of Peterborough United’s London Road when the Posh were in serious financial difficulties about 15 years ago and he made a killing when he subsequently sold the ground to Peterborough City Council. Around that time Cousins was vice-chairman of the Posh and he never publicly acknowledged that Colin Hill was involved at Nene Park although Leon Knight has tweeted that he was behind the scenes at RDFC and from another source I was told that Colin Hill once gave a half time pep talk to the players in Garry's absence.

A nest of vipers. :nono:
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Simeon Jackson signs for St Mirren!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Nathan koranteng joins Harlow town
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Ryan Robbins scored 7 league goals for Loughborough Dynamo in September.

RD mVideos
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RD mVideos »

Colin West assistant manager at wobblers
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dowlo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:09 pm Simeon Jackson signs for St Mirren!
he scored today but they lost 1-4
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Brendan Moloney has seemingly retired at the age of 29. Turned down a new deal at Cobblers in the summer and is now doing his coaching badges. He’s co-commentating on Radio Northampton as we speak.

Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 pm Brendan Moloney has seemingly retired at the age of 29. Turned down a new deal at Cobblers in the summer and is now doing his coaching badges. He’s co-commentating on Radio Northampton as we speak.
Perhaps he's just waiting for another opportunity, and as he's apparently still in the area...
Everywhere we go....
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Three Nips wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 pm Brendan Moloney has seemingly retired at the age of 29. Turned down a new deal at Cobblers in the summer and is now doing his coaching badges. He’s co-commentating on Radio Northampton as we speak.
Perhaps he's just waiting for another opportunity, and as he's apparently still in the area...
Bet he's still waiting for Martin Allen to call and take him to Chesterfield :joy: :harhar: :joy:
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎