It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: It is time for change

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Fair enough Jon. That's the point of a football forum though isn't it, to get frustrations aired and discussed in a democratic fashion? You made your decision on our behalf so that's a good job.
Well done to the Management, players and all involved this season.
AFC R & D member number 34
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Exactly right Robin it’s all about opinions and whilst I wanted to add mine at the time, I felt it was important to let the football do the talking, it has and now we are all winners.

We have a very very special club with a great bunch of volunteers, members and supporters and I’m delighted for all them.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Can't recall whether I voiced my frustrations on this forum back in October but I was unhappy with the way things were going given the importance of going up this season given the extra promotion places available. If I did voice my frustrations then I stand by those comments because at the time they were (in my opinion) a fair reflection of what was happening. I'm sure Three of Diamonds feels the same.

For whatever reason something changed and it coincided with this thread starting, Shariff leaving, Robbins & Diamond replacing him and a change in formation. Since then we haven't looked back. Huge credit has to go to the management for that and also in hindsight to the Board in sticking with it, but let's not all sit here and say any of us expected us to take 53 points from 57 available after that loss at Hayes & Yeading. After the Hayes game we had taken 19 points from our opening 11 games. If we'd have carried on collecting points at that rate we'd have 70 points now which is unlikely to have been enough for a play-off place.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 am Can't recall whether I voiced my frustrations on this forum back in October but I was unhappy with the way things were going given the importance of going up this season given the extra promotion places available. If I did voice my frustrations then I stand by those comments because at the time they were (in my opinion) a fair reflection of what was happening. I'm sure Three of Diamonds feels the same.

For whatever reason something changed and it coincided with this thread starting, Shariff leaving, Robbins & Diamond replacing him and a change in formation. Since then we haven't looked back. Huge credit has to go to the management for that and also in hindsight to the Board in sticking with it, but let's not all sit here and say any of us expected us to take 53 points from 57 available after that loss at Hayes & Yeading. After the Hayes game we had taken 19 points from our opening 11 games. If we'd have carried on collecting points at that rate we'd have 70 points now which is unlikely to have been enough for a play-off place.
Agree that at the time in question, it did look like a change of management was the way forward. Most people were frustrated around the time we played kidsgrove. Even though it was a cup game, the team really looked out of sorts, with not much option to change it up with players or tactics. It was after that that they did manage to turn it round, bringing in new faces and finally telling. The best player brought in for me, is ben diamond. He's looked a level above with his movement, skill and finishing. Made an instant impact on his debut, scored and created many goals already. I also believe if he hadn't of got injured then we would now been going up as champions, that's how influential a team player he is.