It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: It is time for change

Post by Trek »

All this talk of what our playing budget may or may not be seems to be a new thing and not something discussed since the formation of our Senior Team in 2012, either here or on the Members Closed Forum. Someone on this thread has already mentioned, not for the first time I would add, the matter of our playing budget and how it relates to other clubs. If someone within the club is in the 'know' as to what our budget is and how it relates to other clubs in our division then I feel it is out of order for that person to broadcast it.
The general perception by many fans is that our club having by far the best attendances/associated match day revenue then we should be near the top in the amount we can afford to allocate for our playing budget or is it a case that we are competing against clubs with a 'money man' or a better ability to generate more commercial income? If this is the case then we will need an exceptional management team or luck to progress further.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Trek, if your post was in relation to what I said then I assure you I am not, not have I claimed to be, “in the know”, far from it! I’m also not “within the club” as you put it - if it wasn’t in relation to my comment that’s fine.

The comment I referred to was made by someone not even associated with our football club - I mentioned it purely as something that had been overheard - if you want to know who, come and ask me!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Pigman, I certainly wasn't thinking of you being in the 'know' but to an earlier post in this thread.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 pm I notice Aylesbury Utd drew - if they lose their replay a trip there would be the obvious fixture.
That did happen last night, so hopefully that fixture can fill the void.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 am
Formic wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 pm I notice Aylesbury Utd drew - if they lose their replay a trip there would be the obvious fixture.
That did happen last night, so hopefully that fixture can fill the void.
I'm afraid not, even though their landlords (Chesham Utd) are away that day - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/new-date-for ... ury-united
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

So glad we didn’t make a change!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

bozzer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 pm So glad we didn’t make a change!
100%....... Funny enough hurd this last few seasons!! Bit like "its like watching paint dry" So pleased for all involved,special club with so many good people involved. But tonight im made up for peaksy.... the guy puts his heart & soul into our club,really professional guy who puts endless hours into it,works with what his got & keeps the faith with his squad. But more importantly an absolute Gentleman!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

You missed it? I'm so glad we did change from awful to much better. This team has done really well, even with the wobble at the end. Of course who knows what could have happened ( or indeed what shall) ?
AFC R & D member number 34
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 am
You missed it? I'm so glad we did change from awful to much better. This team has done really well, even with the wobble at the end. Of course who knows what could have happened ( or indeed what shall) ?
Oh I am glad we went on an 18 match unbeaten run and didn’t change the manager when people were calling for it, what we do know is that we are promoted by not making the change and keeping a steady head whilst some were losing theirs.
Mission accomplished
AFC R&D Member No. 67
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

bozzer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 am
Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 am
Oh I am glad we went on an 18 match unbeaten run and didn’t change the manager when people were calling for it, what we do know is that we are promoted by not making the change and keeping a steady head whilst some were losing theirs.
Mission accomplished
Excatly that. A team that went on an 18 unbeaten run (yes may have had some luck) dont become a poor team over night & for people calling for the managements ahead or a change is embarrassing!!! Also the work peaksy does behind the scenes shows his true professionalism,we all know as a club we dont throw a silly budget about & thiers at least 6/7 others teams who spend fairly heavy so when you look at the bigger picture its been another great season! Plus since 2011 think weve all had lots to cheer about & with peaksy joining a year later speaks volumes about the guy! Up the diamonds