[ Sat 11th Feb ] v Belper Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Belper Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by rudolph_hucker »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:This must be in doubt now after wellingborough was called off on Tuesday and snow settling in the area. Take some effort to get it on
The only possible threat to the match would be the current sprinkling getting to something much much worse overnight.
I hope you are not one of those people who cancel school and the trains and say "everybody stay at home" at the first snowflake.

Man Up...if you want to know what snow is look back to the winter of 62/63
Not sure why your asking me to man up, the decision is not going to be mine! I'd play in gale force winds and torrential rain if it was possible.
You're.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:This must be in doubt now after wellingborough was called off on Tuesday and snow settling in the area. Take some effort to get it on
The only possible threat to the match would be the current sprinkling getting to something much much worse overnight.
I hope you are not one of those people who cancel school and the trains and say "everybody stay at home" at the first snowflake.

That could be true if it's the last game of the season. However with three months of the season still to go any self-respecting groundsman, and inspecting referee will be looking beyond 5.00 tonight when making a decision. Added to the fact that the water table is still high.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:

Not sure why your asking me to man up, the decision is not going to be mine! I'd play in gale force winds and torrential rain if it was possible.
You're.
Call the police
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

We may not have won the game but the lads can be proud of their performance. Those that stayed on the pitch anyway. Defensively we were outstanding. Ford's performance was a massive surprise to me, he could be like a new signing if he contines to keep that up. McNulty looked like a different player and that may have been the best i've seen Brad Harris play which is saying something as i've seen him play nearly 200 times.

Not sure what Curtis was thinking. He put in a pretty poor challenge a few minutes earlier that went unpunished and barely hung around to see the red card when he received it. I don't think he was in the right frame of mind today for whatever reason.

Thought the referee had a poor day and it was usually us on the receiving end.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Overall, glad we didn't lose, but, we didn't do enough to get a win. The passing was poor, 3 players kept going for the 90 minutes, the rest looked out of sorts. Disappointed with another home performance and it was freezing, so not much to be cheerful about..

:mad:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:We may not have won the game but the lads can be proud of their performance. Those that stayed on the pitch anyway. Defensively we were outstanding. Ford's performance was a massive surprise to me, he could be like a new signing if he contines to keep that up. McNulty looked like a different player and that may have been the best i've seen Brad Harris play which is saying something as i've seen him play nearly 200 times.

Not sure what Curtis was thinking. He put in a pretty poor challenge a few minutes earlier that went unpunished and barely hung around to see the red card when he received it. I don't think he was in the right frame of mind today for whatever reason.

Thought the referee had a poor day and it was usually us on the receiving end.
I'd agree with all of that. I'm still not sure what I thought of the decision to keep Liam Dolman on the pitch for 70 minutes whilst obviously struggling. He continued to marshall the defence and lead by example, perhaps saving us a point, but might it cost us more points if it means he's out for a longer spell as a result. It would be good to know the situation with Rory Winters, as if he's still unavailable we surely need at least one more central defender.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Could have been worse, but could have been better had we'd been more clinical in the box. Things aren't going badly right now, but I still think we really could do with the quality of Ashton and Oulton back for the key months of the season, are either of them anywhere near coming back yet?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Basil

Post by Basil »

Sometimes I really do think are you lot (as in the above posters) supporting the same team as me??? Today I saw a clearly injured player giving his heart and sole for his team! I barely noticed that Sam Brown was missing and ably replaced by Ben Ford (who was superd), Ben Farrell in midfield covered so much ground and Kyal and Brad made sure that they covered every blade of grass that their clearly injured fellow defender could not!! It's just a a shame that we couldn't get that last touch on the ball to turn into the Belper net that would of sealed a good performance on a really difficult pitch that would of tested the best players!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Basil wrote:Sometimes I really do think are you lot (as in the above posters) supporting the same team as me??? Today I saw a clearly injured player giving his heart and sole for his team! I barely noticed that Sam Brown was missing and ably replaced by Ben Ford (who was superd), Ben Farrell in midfield covered so much ground and Kyal and Brad made sure that they covered every blade of grass that their clearly injured fellow defender could not!! It's just a a shame that we couldn't get that last touch on the ball to turn into the Belper net that would of sealed a good performance on a really difficult pitch that would of tested the best players!!
I suggest you read the above posts a bit more carefully. BartonRaz states the lads should be proud of their performance. I echoed his sentiments. Olly suggests things aren't going badly, so there is only one post that might be seen as properly negative. I commented on Liam Dolman by suggesting that his efforts in remaining on the pitch were key in us getting a point - but wondered if there might be longer term impacts.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Basil wrote:Sometimes I really do think are you lot (as in the above posters) supporting the same team as me??? Today I saw a clearly injured player giving his heart and sole for his team! I barely noticed that Sam Brown was missing and ably replaced by Ben Ford (who was superd), Ben Farrell in midfield covered so much ground and Kyal and Brad made sure that they covered every blade of grass that their clearly injured fellow defender could not!! It's just a a shame that we couldn't get that last touch on the ball to turn into the Belper net that would of sealed a good performance on a really difficult pitch that would of tested the best players!!
:fool: :fool: :fool: