Rushden v Oxford

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
aldo1996

Rushden v Oxford

Post by aldo1996 »

Hi

A bit of a long shot I know, I’m a collector of Oxford United football programmes from 1960 – present day. I’m trying to get hold of the following programme

30/04/1975 - Rushden Town v Oxford United (Friendly)

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to being able to get hold of a copy would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Richard
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Rushden v Oxford

Post by STAGMAN »

this would be a very rare programmme , bearing in mind the sort of crowds at hayden rd those days, I am surprised i don,t remember that friendly
aldo1996

Post by aldo1996 »

STAGMAN wrote:this would be a very rare programmme , bearing in mind the sort of crowds at hayden rd those days, I am surprised i don,t remember that friendly
Unfortunately all the programmes on my wants list are going to be difficult to get hold of, I only need around 40 which are mostly friendlies and postponed games.

I might be wrong here but I believe I've seen somewhere that this was a testimonial game for Brian Thompson (ex Oxford) who I believe may have been your manager at the time?

Thanks

Richard
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

I've checked through mine and although I've got quite a lot of RushdenTown from early 80s I haven't got that one.Sorry. Hope you manage to get hold of it somewhere.
aldo1996

Post by aldo1996 »

Cotty wrote:I've checked through mine and although I've got quite a lot of RushdenTown from early 80s I haven't got that one.Sorry. Hope you manage to get hold of it somewhere.
Thank you for looking.

I'm sure that one will turn up eventually

Richard
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I have a few boxes of Rushden Town/Irthlingborough Diamonds programmes at home. Will have a look for you.
aldo1996

Post by aldo1996 »

Diamond Warrior wrote:I have a few boxes of Rushden Town/Irthlingborough Diamonds programmes at home. Will have a look for you.
Much appreciated

Thanks

Richard
aldo1996

Post by aldo1996 »

aldo1996 wrote:Hi

A bit of a long shot I know, I’m a collector of Oxford United football programmes from 1960 – present day. I’m trying to get hold of the following programme

30/04/1975 - Rushden Town v Oxford United (Friendly)

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to being able to get hold of a copy would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Richard
Still looking for this programme, if anyone can help finding one it would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard