PLODS: End of Season Play-Offs

PLODS - The Prediction League of Diamonds Supporters

Moderator: olio

olio

PLODS: End of Season Play-Offs

Post by olio »

Hi guys,

This post only concerns corby diamond, icm, Brownie and bigmort, as you four have battled your way through the season to now be able to contest in the PLODS Play-Offs!

Unlike last year when the four posters faced off against four predictors from a fellow forum, I've decided to keep this year more in-house, and just use the standard Play-Off approach for this season. That means that you will face another poster in your semi-final, the two winners will then progress to the final and then a winner will be decided from that final round of fixtures!

All fixtures that you will need to predict will come from the Football League Play-Offs which kicked off yesterday evening. I will post the fixtures within this post, but I need all four of you to send your predictions to me via PM. This is to ensure that there is no duplication of results or anything like that.

The same rules as the normal PLODS season applies, in that 3 points will be awarded for a bang-on score (e.g. 2-1 home win), 1 point for a correct result (e.g. away win), and 0 points for an incorrect prediction. If there happens to be a tie in any of the games, then the amount of goals predicted will be taken into account.

If any of you four posters have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM and I can explain any queries that you might have :)

So the draw for the PLODS 2014/2015 Play-Off Semi Finals have been made, and is as follows:

Brownie Vs icm
bigmort Vs corby diamond

And the fixtures, which need to be submitted to me via PM by 5pm on Thursday 14th May, are:

Southend Vs Stevenage
Wycombe Vs Plymouth
Middlesbrough Vs Brentford

Good luck to all of you! :)
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
olio

Re: PLODS: End of Season Play-Offs

Post by olio »

Here are the predictions that I received by the deadline on Thursday:

Brownie:
Southend 2-1 Stevenage
Wycombe 3-1 Plymouth
Middlesbrough 2-0 Brentford

icm:
Southend 1-0 Stevenage
Wycombe 2-1 Plymouth
Middlesbrough 1-0 Brentford

bigmort:
Southend 1-1 Stevenage
Wycombe 2-0 Plymouth
Middlesbrough 2-1 Brentford

corby diamond:
Southend 2-1 Stevenage
Wycombe 2-0 Plymouth
Middlesbrough 2-1 Brentford

With the score at the end of normal time being the one that counts and not the one at the end of extra time (meaning that the correct score of the Southend vs Stevenage was 1-1), here are the results:

Brownie 2-4 icm
bigmort 5-2 corby diamond

So the PLODS Play-Off Final 2015 will be contested between icm and bigmort! Comiserations to Brownie and corby diamond, but what a brilliant effort you've both put up during the entire season, so you can be very proud!

For both icm and bigmort, one last round of fixtures stands in their way of being named the Play-Off Champion! The same rules applies for the final as they did for the semi-final, in that you need to PM me your predictions before the games take place and I will then post them on this separate topic.

The deadline for your predictions to be submitted by is 4pm on Saturday May 23rd, and you will both also need to predict the scorers in all three fixtures, just in case of a tie-breaker situation being required to separate you if the points are level.

Good luck to you both! :)

Southend Vs Wycombe
Preston Vs Swindon
Middlesbrough Vs Norwich
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
olio

Re: PLODS: End of Season Play-Offs

Post by olio »

So after a long hard season, it came down to these three fixtures for both icm and bigmort... Both posters had done brilliantly to get this far, but there could only be one PLODS Play-Off Winner 2014/2015, and I can now reveal the results...

icm
Southend 1-3 Wycombe
Preston 1-1 Swindon
Middlesbrough 2-1 Norwich

bigmort
Southend 1-2 Wycombe
Preston 2-0 Swindon
Middlesbrough 3-2 Norwich

icm 0-1 bigmort

So by a very narrow margin, bigmort is the PLODS Play-Off Champion 2014/2015!

Comiserations to icm on the result, but he can take great heart from his victory in the PLODS Cup this season, and bigmort can also be very proud of this success on the back of his league and cup double exploits of last year!

I am going to be posting a topic on the main sub-forum about the level of interest for PLODS 2015/2016, so keep an eye out for that if you wanted to be a part of it again next season, and thank you for making it another great year! :D