PLODS End of Season Play-Offs

PLODS - The Prediction League of Diamonds Supporters

Moderator: olio

olio

PLODS End of Season Play-Offs

Post by olio »

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the lateness of this post in regards to the end of the normal season, but I had to get a few things sorted out and finalised for my grand plan for what the play-offs will entail, but we're just about ready to go now!

My idea is that kiwikid, rudolph_hucker, Diamond_wolf and myself will face off against 4 players from the Peterborough United prediction league (www.londonroad.net/Forums) over the course of the World Cup. 4 fixtures per round will be issued for each of the 8 players to predict, with there being a Quarter Final stage, a Semi Final stage and a Final where we will find out the grand champion :)

I will post the fixtures within this post, but I need you to reply with your predictions via a PM. Once I have all the submissions from players across both forums, I will then post them publicly on this sub-forum. I understand that this system may lead to none of us from this forum actually winning the play-offs, but as it is an idea that I would look to pursue in the future, I feel that it is just a good opportunity to pit our wits against predictors from other forums!

The same rules as the normal PLODS season apply, in that 3 points will be awarded for a bang on score, 1 point for a correct result (e.g. home win), and 0 points for an incorrect prediction.

If any of kiwikid, rudolph_hucker or Diamond_wolf have any questions about how the whole system will work, then feel free to drop me a PM, and I can explain :)

So the draw has been made, and it is....

olio Vs Bourneposh
rudolph_hucker Vs MaccPosh
kiwikid Vs KenGandhi
Diamond_wolf Vs canonmillersdad

And the fixtures, that need to be sumbitted to me through PM by 5pm on Thursday 12th June, are:

Brazil Vs Croatia
Mexico Vs Cameroon
Spain Vs Netherlands
Chile Vs Australia

Good luck to everyone involved! :)
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
kiwikid

Re: PLODS End of Season Play-Offs

Post by kiwikid »

Hi Mate, PM sent.

Good luck all.
olio

Post by olio »

These are the predictions that I received by the deadline today...

olio:
Brazil 2-0 Croatia
Mexico 1-0 Cameroon
Spain 1-1 Netherlands
Chile 1-0 Australia

rudolph_hucker:
Didn't predict

kiwkid:
Brazil 3-1 Croatia
Mexico 2-2 Cameroon
Spain 1-0 Netherlands
Chile 3-0 Australia

Diamond_wolf:
Brazil 3-0 Croatia
Mexico 1-1 Cameroon
Spain 2-0 Netherlands
Chile 2-1 Australia

Bourneposh:
Didn't predict

MaccPosh:
Brazil 3-0 Croatia
Mexico 1-1 Cameroon
Spain 2-1 Netherlands
Chile 2-0 Australia

KenGandhi:
Brazil 2-0 Croatia
Mexico 2-0 Cameroon
Spain 1-2 Netherlands
Chile 2-1 Australia

Canonmillersdad:
Brazil 1-1 Croatia
Mexico 1-2 Cameroon
Spain 1-1 Netherlands
Chile 2-0 Australia
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
olio

Post by olio »

Here are the results from the Quarter-Finals played last week, and those in bold are through to the next round...

olio 5-Forgot Bourneposh
rudolph_hucker Forgot-2 MaccPosh
kiwikid 4-4 KenGandhi
Diamond_wolf 2-1 canonmillersdad

kiwikid goes through as the number of goals he predicted (12) was closer to the actual amount scored (15) than KenGandhi's prediction (10)

So the Semi-Final draw is as follows:

Diamond_wolf Vs MaccPosh
olio Vs kiwikid

Again, if you would be able to PM me your predictions by 5pm on Tuesday 24th June, and then I will post them on the public forum when I have them all.

Costa Rica Vs England
Italy Vs Uruguay
Greece Vs Ivory Coast
Japan Vs Colombia

Good luck guys! :)
olio

Post by olio »

These are the predictions that I have received ahead of the fixtures tomorrow evening...

Olio:
Costa Rica 1-2 England
Italy 1-1 Uruguay
Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast
Japan 0-1 Colombia

Kiwikid:
Costa Rica 1-1 England
Italy 2-1 Uruguay
Greece 0-1 Ivory Coast
Japan 0-2 Colombia

Diamond_wolf:
Costa Rica 0-2 England
Italy 1-1 Uruguay
Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast
Japan 0-2 Colombia

MaccPosh:
Costa Rica 2-1 England
Italy 1-1 Uruguay
Greece 0-2 Ivory Coast
Japan 0-2 Colombia
olio

Post by olio »

These are the results from the Play Off Semi-Finals...

Diamond_wolf 1-1 MaccPosh
olio 1-2 kiwikid

MaccPosh advances to the final because his prediction of 9 goals across the four games matched the actual goal tally, compared to Diamond_wolf's prediction of 8 goals.

So just to clarify, the PLODS End of Season Play off Final will be...

kiwikid Vs MaccPosh

kiwikid, if you could submit your predictions to me through PM by 9pm on Monday 30th June, then that wold be great. All the best of luck to yourself! :)

And the fixtures are:

Germany Vs Algeria
Argentina Vs Switzerland
Belgium Vs USA
kiwikid

Post by kiwikid »

olio wrote:These are the results from the Play Off Semi-Finals...

Diamond_wolf 1-1 MaccPosh
olio 1-2 kiwikid

MaccPosh advances to the final because his prediction of 9 goals across the four games matched the actual goal tally, compared to Diamond_wolf's prediction of 8 goals.

So just to clarify, the PLODS End of Season Play off Final will be...

kiwikid Vs MaccPosh

kiwikid, if you could submit your predictions to me through PM by 9pm on Monday 30th June, then that wold be great. All the best of luck to yourself! :)

And the fixtures are:

Germany Vs Algeria
Argentina Vs Switzerland
Belgium Vs USA
PM sent, thanks mate.
olio

Post by olio »

Here are the predictions for the grand final itself...

kiwikid:
Germany 3-1 Algeria
Argentina 2-0 Switzerland
Belgium 2-1 USA

MaccPosh:
Germany 2-0 Algeria
Argentina 2-1 Switzerland
Belgium 1-2 USA
kiwikid

Post by kiwikid »

Olio, how did I do?
olio

Post by olio »

kiwikid wrote:Olio, how did I do?
Many apologies for the lateness of my reply kiwkid. Had a rather busy wekkend, but here is the 2014 PLODS End of Season Play-Off Final result...

kiwikid 5-2 MaccPosh

So kiwkid, you are the 2014 PLODS Play-Off Champion! Very well played sir :)

Many thanks to rudolph_hucker, Diamond_wolf and our champion kiwikid for taking part in this end of season competition, and I hope to see you all next season for PLODS 2014-2015!