Stupid nature

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
ID

Stupid nature

Post by ID »

Who else is annoyed by the volcano?

I was meant to be flying back to uni tomorrow. I've been home for nearly a month now and cabin fever is definitely setting in. Nevermind the fact I have exams coming up and some important lectures and seminars to get to.

:evil:
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
supersub

Re: Stupid nature

Post by supersub »

It does not affect me with any travelling plans, but I can see your plight but better to be safe.
ID

Post by ID »

Yeah obviously the risks outweigh the gains.

Having said that the last time this volcano exploded it lasted for two years... :( ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Irish Diamond wrote:Yeah obviously the risks outweigh the gains.

Having said that the last time this volcano exploded it lasted for two years... :( ;)
better get a few drinks in then tbh
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Can you swim?
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I'm annoyed it didn't happen next week.... front page story for North Leeds News that.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
supersub

Post by supersub »

Just curious, have you made it to Uni yet ID?
wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback wrote:I'm annoyed it didn't happen next week.... front page story for North Leeds News that.

I take it all back, it's going to be our first two pages now... Thank You Iceland.

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
ID

Post by ID »

supersub wrote:Just curious, have you made it to Uni yet ID?
No, my re-booked flight was also canceled. I'll be back on Thursday, though. Ferry to Wales and then a 7-hour train. It will be interesting. :|

wwodb, do you write for the North Leeds News? If so how did you go about doing that? There are a fair few regional newspapers in East Anglia and I'm fairly sure - having seen the standard - that I could write for them. I emailed a couple of them last semester and they didn't even reply, though.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
wewantourdarbyback

Irish Diamond wrote:
wwodb, do you write for the North Leeds News? If so how did you go about doing that? There are a fair few regional newspapers in East Anglia and I'm fairly sure - having seen the standard - that I could write for them. I emailed a couple of them last semester and they didn't even reply, though.
This week I'm editing it mate. However it's the newspaper we put out as the Postgrads that then goes around our area (Horsforth etc) and to all the major local and national newspapers and anyone who wants a copy.

As for writing for regionals work experience is your best bet, I did a week at the T&A in Bradford last year. Later this year I'm doing placements at the T&A, YEP, Yorkshire Post and Car magazine.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter