[ Sat 17th July ] U21s v Risborough Rangers. KO 3pm AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 17th July ] U21s v Risborough Rangers. KO 3pm AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

U21's have a pre-season match today

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 17th July ] U21s v Risborough Rangers. KO 3pm AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

One to forget I'd imagine as they were beaten 9-1
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 pm One to forget I'd imagine as they were beaten 9-1
On face value yes but I’m reliably informed by someone who attended this match that there was a valid reason for this unfortunate score line.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:40 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 pm One to forget I'd imagine as they were beaten 9-1
On face value yes but I’m reliably informed by someone who attended this match that there was a valid reason for this unfortunate score line.
Pretty much. They had seven players missing yesterday for one thing and another, including some having to self isolate. They also lost a really promising midfield prospect last week when he had his leg broken against Northampton Lions (game was abandoned). The players who came had to play out of position in areas they were not familiar with. The youngest was 16 and I think that might have been his first taste at this level.

Nevertheless, they just got on with it and tried to play football and not let heads drop. They did play well in spells given the circumstances. They were also up against a very good step 5 side in Risborough Rangers on the day, who should do very well this season. A tough game was expected without the circumstances I've mentioned above, but that's the reason it was arrange, to challenge them and see what they need to work on. They've got Buckingham Athletic away next week, hopefully there will be a few back for that game.

This is the view from the opposition:

Take the score out of the situation- I think your lads did the club proud .. Always tried to play to your philosophy and never gave up .. some very good players who in a couple years will definitely push on 👈. All the best for the season

Despite the result they were all credit to your club and handled themselves very well and were a pleasure to host. I would be very pleased with them against a very experienced side. 👏👏