[ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town XI, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Brownie »

Mad Dog wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:33 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:22 pm Does not having a turnstile manager affect the pay on the gate status??
with Matt not being able to do due to changing jobs.
Sorry to report Matt is very traumatised having read the above as it came as a total shock to him. He’s not sure if he’s resigned from work and forgotten, been fired and not been told and to cap it off he has no idea who his new job is with and when he’s due to start.
If possible could someone who has greater knowledge of his employment status than he obviously does please give him some details to put his mind at rest 🙄
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Brownie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:22 pm Does not having a turnstile manager affect the pay on the gate status??
Sorry to report Matt is very traumatised having read the above as it came as a total shock to him. He’s not sure if he’s resigned from work and forgotten, been fired and not been told and to cap it off he has no idea who his new job is with and when he’s due to start.
If possible could someone who has greater knowledge of his employment status than he obviously does please give him some details to put his mind at rest 🙄
He’s indicated in an email that he’s now working most Saturdays. Come on Brownie, you’re better than this, a change in jobs can also indicate a change in shifts and role with the same employer.

Apologies to Matt for the misunderstanding it was only mentioned here with the best of intentions. I hope that things work out for him and he’s able to attend games in the future, since I think we can all agree that he put his heart and soul into the club.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Mad Dog wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Brownie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm
He’s indicated in an email that he’s now working most Saturdays. Come on Brownie, you’re better than this, a change in jobs can also indicate a change in shifts and role with the same employer.

Apologies to Matt for the misunderstanding it was only mentioned here with the best of intentions. I hope that things work out for him and he’s able to attend games in the future, since I think we can all agree that he put his heart and soul into the club.
Better than what, a tongue in cheek slightly sarcastic piss take of a factually incorrect statement, is that not the type of thing that’s commonplace on a fans forum???
It used to be on here until sadly 90% of those who contributed drifted away and it became a reporting platform for a few with a bit of inside knowledge and towing the party line comments.
Much I personally feel can be taken from the reporting of the sad passing of a Gentleman without whom this Club would not exist receiving half a dozen comments.
The moving on of a player who had spent a few years at the Club (1 comment I think from memory) I’m referring of course to Ben F.
And 1 comment for a volunteer of 5/6 years who was for thousands who came to Hayden Rd the first person seen, and first impressions matter greatly.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: Next up! [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Next up on Wednesday at Hayden Road. Get tickets in advance or pay via contactless card on the gate.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: Next up! [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match postponed

rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: POSTPONED! [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by rossco »

Any reason known for the postponement? Saw Cobblers game against Brackley was off after a Covid case in Brackley squad but that wouldn't affect this game surely...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rossco wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:24 pm Any reason known for the postponement? Saw Cobblers game against Brackley was off after a Covid case in Brackley squad but that wouldn't affect this game surely...
Turning in to a bit of a shambolic pre-season with the Eynesbury pitch debacle, playing the same team twice in back-to-back games, Stamford cancelling on us with a few days notice and now this.

This might actually be a good thing as Cobblers will surely have brought the kids to us tomorrow night, given their first team are playing Forest tonight. Perhaps next time we'll get a strong XI.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Bit gutted this game is off. I was looking forward to watching a match with friends I've missed and paying my respects to Max, one of the nicest most generous men I've ever met.
Maybe it would be appropriate to have a Max Griggs stand one day.
And we hold on . . .
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town XI, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Wed 21st July ] v Northampton Town XI, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Trek »

Game rearranged - venue Dog & Duck Wellingborough.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/r ... rearrange/