Turnstile Matt

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Turnstile Matt

Post by Brownie »

I know this forum doesn't have the following or anything like the input it used to have but it's been 5 days since the Club advertised another vacant volunteer position, that of Turnstiles Manager. I guess this is an indication that Matt after (6+ years??) is no longer likely to be who people first meet when arriving at Hayden Road, if this is the case I feel it's a bit disappointing that nobody has mentioned it either here or on the official web site.
In the years I was attending almost every Diamonds game the 2 people that away supporters and ground hoppers visiting either of the Clubs recent homes were most likely to talk about and always in a positive way were The Burger Monster and Big Matt on the Turnstiles, both it appears now no longer part of the Diamonds set up. I've been involved in enough sports clubs over the years to appreciate how difficult finding volunteers is and know loosing them is a lot easier.
So from someone who doesn't visit Hayden Rd much anymore, thank you Matt, don't know how but you almost always managed to keep smiling and your sometimes odd sense of humour was appreciated, enjoy whatever you'll now be doing on Saturday's and Tuesdays.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Turnstile Matt

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Both were also very highly spoke of by away fans alike. Two great characters to have around the club and will be difficult to replace , not just on a commitment scale but also in make people feel welcome
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Anybody know what happened to the Burger Monster?
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

I believe Hayden stepped down from Burger monster.