[ Sat 10th July ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 10th July ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

On Saturday, AFCR&D have their first home pre-season match.

NOTE: Tickets must be purchased for this match, along with the other HOME pre-season matches - https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/afcrd

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 10th July ] v Cambridge City, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Andy Peaks post match interview c/o AFCRDTV

bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

My first pre season game yesterday and I have to say what a pleasure it was to see us play football in that way. I was a bit worried when I saw the team, and also how young it was, but they all played in the right way and with the right attitude and won very convincingly. If that’s the style of football on show this season it won’t take long to get crowds back.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

went to the game yesterday,,,ive been to all three,,,,when i saw the team ,i thought ,hu ho,this is going to be a long afternoon,,,as we were missing most of the "big" players and it was full of youngsters.WOW, to be fair they were immense ,played with no fear,and a joy to watch,well done lads,and well done to the club,as isnt this what it was all about,bringing on youth players.good to see joel gyassi playing,he was great,ran them ragged,the blonde lad at right back had a good game ,i think he scorred) hes got better each game,,,,still think we need a couple of old warhorses(new signings) to calm the nerves,
future looks bright :joy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am sure that at least 2 of the trialists will sign in next couple days. We have certainly seen the last of Reynolds Ashton and Fairlamb and probably Wreh and Walton.
Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Bolts1988 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:52 pm I am sure that at least 2 of the trialists will sign in next couple days. We have certainly seen the last of Reynolds Ashton and Fairlamb and probably Wreh and Walton.
Wreh has definitely gone, he's been playing pre season games for two Scottish clubs. East Fife I believe are one of the clubs.

Would love to see the club re-sign Reynolds, Ashton and Fairlamb but 3 games into preseason and not a single minute.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Reynolds has moved out of the area with his work I believe. Derbyshire? Fairlamb may be trialling with a Nat League side. From what I have heard you are probably right about Wreh. I think Jack will be dropping down a level or two.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Bolts1988 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:53 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:52 pm I am sure that at least 2 of the trialists will sign in next couple days. We have certainly seen the last of Reynolds Ashton and Fairlamb and probably Wreh and Walton.
Wreh has definitely gone, he's been playing pre season games for two Scottish clubs. East Fife I believe are one of the clubs.

Would love to see the club re-sign Reynolds, Ashton and Fairlamb but 3 games into preseason and not a single minute.
Good spot re: Chris Wreh. Sounds like East Fife are keen to sign him but he's also played on trial for Arbroath who are in the Scottish Championship. Fair play to the guy, but doesn't say much about the quality of Scottish football.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Arbroath play East Fife tomorrow. He could play 45 mins for each side!!!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Did Kempston play Eynesbury last Saturday in HR Cup? Neither side have anything on their twitter or website. Eynesbury conceded their game to Cambridge. This Saturday has two games at Kempston with ours ko 3.30 v Cambridge again.