[ Thu 8th July ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm PSF @ Kempston

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Thu 8th July ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm PSF @ Kempston

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: NEXT UP! [ Thu 8th July ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm PSF @ Kempston

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Next match on Thursday @ Kempston
StaceyH
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Please note that hot food will not be available tonight - tea/coffee will be though and the bar will be open.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Thu 8th July ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm PSF @ Kempston

Post by BartonRaz »

Unsurprisingly this one didn't seem to capture the imagination, presumably as a result of being at Kempston 2 days prior. I think there were more people on the pitch than in the stands.

Notoriously difficult to gauge anything in pre-season matches and the game was ruined as a spectacle by the very long grass. Ben Diamond looked like he hadn't been away and Will Jones seems to have matured a lot since I last saw him play in the PSFs before last 'season'. I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon but it could be a big season for him and all of a sudden it looks like we have some decent options at the top end of the pitch provided Lorrell Smith remains with us.

I thought 2 of the trialists were worth another look but one of them was a mile off it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Still no sign of Ashton, Walton, Reynolds, Fairlamb, Gyasi Wreh or Oulton. I think it's time for an update on who have signed. I think one has moved from the area.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Fair point Sussex Diamond.

I was told that Reynolds has moved/is moving to the Chesterfield area so maybe too far for him to travel?

Oulton I understand maybe moving on.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

ive been to both games,kempston were a big physical side,where as eynesbury ,i thought were more organised........squadwise ,humm,im a little worried!
sam warbarton looks a good edition,but is the only confirmed signing,a lad in midfield looks ok ,solid enough,reminds me of mcbride,good squad player,thats about it.another trialist at right back(looks like simeon jackson),hes ok,but hes no reynolds.as said diamond looks fresh,faded a bit in the eynesbury game.jones looks good ,i dont know if hes a starter in a league game though.tom lorraine and collard,you know what you get with them,,this brings me on to liam,i tought he looked the heaviest ive seen him ,pre season,but we all know he gets match fit as he plays......as for the rest ,all ok,bar one,but cant see them starting many games,,,,,or if they are starters then im very worried already. defo need somethimg out of the club ,imformation wise,cant believe we cant attract some decent players,,,,,only my opinion :hmmm: :hmmm:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
StaceyH
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

There's a list of players in addition to Warburton who have signed forms in this article and there'll be a further update over the weekend/early next week - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/welcome-back-ben/
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts