Sam Brown

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Sam Brown

Post by sussexdiamond »

How about a straight swap between us and Banbury. But that would not please the Incognito Kid.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm How about a straight swap between us and Banbury. But that would not please the Incognito Kid.
If your referring to Richard Hughes, then that might not be a bad shout. I was mearly stating before that he didn't look good enough for our level and was never going to dislodge a player like Sam Brown. But if he was to join us, he wouldn't have to worry about that now! :biggrin:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'm sorry to see Sam go, but he goes with best wishes (except when playing against us), and great thanks for his service.
Players always leave at some point and it's a chance to bring in some fresh, younger talent.
There are clubs out there ( Droylsden) who haven't got through this so we MUST stick to our budget. We all saw our accounts and just how easy it could be to go bust. We have no major expenditure for the first time in a few years so we must consolidate and stabilise before pushing on. Nuneaton, Tamworth, Bromsgrove, Banbury and Stratford are all pushing the boat out as they see a chance to get promoted, but only 2 can so it will cost some of them in the long run.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

You beat me to it Three of Diamonds. Plus St Ives. Remember we are currently reviewing our budget every 3 months to make sure we stay financially secure. Several of the clubs you mention are dependent on one person or that persons business and we all know how tough it is for any company at present. So expect a few clubs in difficulties before long.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Yes disappointing to see Sam leave. An absolute top class person, clubman and professional who always conducted himself impeccably. Wish him all the best at his new club and I wouldn’t rule out that we see him back in an AFCRD shirt in the future. We’ve had plenty of players in our short history to leave and then to return back to us because they never forget the ethos of our club.

This now presents an opportunity for Jack Ashton and Paddy Casey on the left side of defence as I expect Collard and Dolman, fitness accepting, to nail down the two central defensive positions.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Does this mean no more Brownie posts on here?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Oh, I forgot Peterborough Money Tree. 😉😉🤣🤣
AFC R & D member number 34
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Beezus Fafoon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 pm It’s an absolute shitshow that Brownie has left. Isn’t the lottery money meant to be used to increase our budget and keep top notch players like Sam at the club?!
Well yes that was the Cunning Plan but Covid 19 shot big holes in that, we lost our Main Sponsor so a large whole appeared in our Budget, so far from increasing our Budget the Lottery is helping fill a void, until such time we can recoup the missing funds.

Also we must be very careful how we spend the funds we have, if the season gets delayed due spikes then being frugal now means us lasting longer
the others chucking money about, until the F.A and Leagues sort out attendance levels and what happens with any local lock downs affecting matches.

Also i didn't know we could transfer Fans and Forum members like Brownie, did the Forum get a Fee ?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 pm I am sure his replacement is lined up. Another ex Diamond maybe.
Spot on - Ben Ford has just returned to the club!
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

Sorry to see him go but good luckto you, Sam, and best wishes for the future. An absolute Diamonds legend if ever there was one.