Retained list

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Retained list

Post by sussexdiamond »

The only name that I can see missing is Nathan Hicks.
Beezus Fafoon
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Retained list

Post by Beezus Fafoon »

No doubt he’ll end up at Stratford!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

On the standard Stratford 4 month contract, sign good players, fail to turn them into a good side, cut the budget at Christmas, players depart, finish season with whoever will play for you cheaply.
Don’t give up on Hicksey it’s only June for a season unlikely to start before September I’m looking forward to seeing him at Hayden Road.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

IIRC this was exactly the same last season. One person was missing from the retained list, I'm sure it was Hockey, but he was announced a few days later.

Great to see the squad staying together for another season
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Hicksy officially off then, good luck to him wherever he goes.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Posted on his twitter. Best 2 years of his career. Probably had a good offer from someone not too far to the east.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Nabs off too, big shame but don't think he made as big an impact in his second spell as he'd have liked.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ParcelFace wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:25 pm Nabs off too, big shame but don't think he made as big an impact in his second spell as he'd have liked.
Started well but it fizzled out pretty quickly. He's got a 3-game suspension to serve once football resumes.

Hicks is a massive blow and he'll be very hard to replace. Comfortably our best player in his first season, perhaps didn't hit those heights last season but would certainly have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

Cobblers have announced their retained list today and a number of youngsters have been released. One in particular - Jay Williams - would be a great signing for a club at this level.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:06 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:25 pm Nabs off too, big shame but don't think he made as big an impact in his second spell as he'd have liked.
Started well but it fizzled out pretty quickly. He's got a 3-game suspension to serve once football resumes.

Hicks is a massive blow and he'll be very hard to replace. Comfortably our best player in his first season, perhaps didn't hit those heights last season but would certainly have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

Cobblers have announced their retained list today and a number of youngsters have been released. One in particular - Jay Williams - would be a great signing for a club at this level.
Hope it’s not the Jay Williams I went to school with as I think he’s best playing days may be behind him.
Sure we can expect a few more changes / surprises but we won’t be much changed from last season and kept the photogenic ones so lots to look forward to.
Beezus Fafoon
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Beezus Fafoon »

I believe Hicksy has opened a nail salon in the St Ives area recently and due to relocate that way. Makes sense to play for the local team.