FA Discussion about next season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: FA Discussion about next season

Post by Formic »

It’s fairly confusing. After saying the leagues wont start without spectators, :thats exactly what they are proposing! https://www.swpleague.co.uk/wp-content/ ... ow-res.pdf

“Current Government guidance: Gatherings of more
than 30 people are not permitted while social distancing. Therefore, clubs are unable to have gatherings or spectators of any size at this time for any matches or training“
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 pm Steps 1&2 start earlier, presume as they won’t be in FA Cup and steps 3&4 possible will be. Are steps 5&6 also starting earlier because they won’t be included in FA Cup this season.
Extra prelim start on Sept 1st, bit odd as that is midweek.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

As our Club depends, to a large degree, on matchday receipts surely we won’t want to start playing competitive fixtures until we are allowed to have unrestricted attendances?
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Some more info here - albeit in draft form - https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... rounds.pdf

Those people who squeeze past others behind the goal to make an early exit might have to reconsider their approach. Similarly the bottleneck in front of the Chris Ruff stand might cause an issue when people change ends at half-time. We are probably better off than some with ticketing arrangements though.

Mind you, until the green light is given for any fans to be present, let alone Socially Distanced ones, it's more something to debate than to worry too much about.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I should imagine we'll have to wear face masks, which mitigates social distancing and transient contact to an acceptable degree.
I usually bring 3 or 4 mates to a game so again probably need to wear masks in a car.
AFC R & D member number 34
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Originally I thought maks were a good thing, but now I'm seeing people in shops constantly touching and moving their masks,

They don't feel very comfortable so I get why they fidget them but I just wonder if the amount of times they keep touching their mouth to adjust them puts them at as much risk as not wearing the mask.

I was watching David Silva play his last City game and when he got subbed without any fans it got me thinking how weird it will be when we can all watch a match again at Hayden road,

At half time when we generally have a chat to the person standing next to us etc, who generally is someone you know from being at games rather than someone you know or see every day, no doubt Covid will be a subject of discussion and with so many people losing someone they know, I imagine it will feel very emotional and strange, especially if any fellow fans have passed and someone didnt know until they found out at the game.

Certainly not something I ever thought I would be thinking of when thinking about football, but this isnt like having 2 or 3 games postponed due to rain, this is something that has changed lives etc
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 30 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

http://droylsdenfootballclub.com/news/c ... petitions/

Droylsden resign from the NPL and all competitions, citing C19. I imagine there must be dozens of clubs in a similar situations. From afar it looks very optimistic that friendlies and leagues are being planned to start without clear guidelines about fans being admitted. Especially considering the country appears to be awaiting a second wave.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dover threatening to go into administration. Their players not prepared to take 20% pay cut.