Squad for next season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Squad for next season

Post by sussexdiamond »

... Whenever that is. Most years there are always 2 or 3 players I would not be bothered if they did not re-sign, but this year I would be hopeful that all of our current squad would remain with us. That even includes the recently nomadic Gyasi.Although I wonder if NGT and Dove will want to stay. It is always likely that a couple could be lured away to higher ranked clubs to which I would have no objection assuming it is not K*ttering!!. Acquah certainly falls into that category. As for improving the squad I still harbour dreams that Fairlamb and Kaziboni will rejoin us.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Squad for next season

Post by davealbon »

Looking at the squad list on the OWS, I think Jordan McLeod is the only one who won't remain based purely on how last season played out. Obviously that could change if players get better offers elsewhere, or if we are unable to offer them the same terms they were on previously.

And given that our playing budget will quite possibly be less than last season, I think the chances of Fairlamb or Kaziboni returning are nothing but a dream!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Squad for next season

Post by STAGMAN »

On the subject of budgets, many many clubs will have dramatically reduced budgets, which will make things quite interesting.