Joel return of the prodigal

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry Flashman

Joel return of the prodigal

Post by Harry Flashman »

Didn’t see that coming after last appearances . Guess he is direct replacement for GK.
Can be marvellous or infuriating. It’s a tough game and tough call for a couple of our lads who must have thought they would get up the pecking order. Let’s hope he is hero.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Joel return of the prodigal

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

With kaziboni leaving, no acquaye, dove or Macleod available today, I'd imagine peaksys hand has been forced into making this signing. But look, he's a diamonds player again and I'll get behind him regardless of past implementation's.
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Agree with that. Squad is looking a little thin at the moment. One good thing he will be out to impress and couldn’t fault work rate when at his best. Got to get behind him . Could be a good game for him to play in today. Need the 3 points before the tough run of games begins.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Not keen on this at all. Great player, that's undeniable, but has shown before that he has a poor attitude, and a massively inflated opinion of his own worth. I've no doubt that he'll do well on the pitch, but I'd rather be without.

Got to be disappointing for some of the other lads who've sat and waited for their turn.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

rdusher wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:34 pm Not keen on this at all. Great player, that's undeniable, but has shown before that he has a poor attitude, and a massively inflated opinion of his own worth. I've no doubt that he'll do well on the pitch, but I'd rather be without.

Got to be disappointing for some of the other lads who've sat and waited for their turn.
I'm not sure who you are referring to as "other lads", given we were down to the bare bones today. If you take a listen to Andy Peaks' interview after the game you can appreciate why he made this move - and a glimpse at the Deeping Rangers teamsheet will reinforce his comments.
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Oh dear looks like it’s bye bye Jordan bye bye. Hello Joel. Shame though. He has something but it’s not to be at Rushden.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Formic wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:17 pm
rdusher wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:34 pm Not keen on this at all. Great player, that's undeniable, but has shown before that he has a poor attitude, and a massively inflated opinion of his own worth. I've no doubt that he'll do well on the pitch, but I'd rather be without.

I'm not sure who you are referring to as "other lads", given we were down to the bare bones today. If you take a listen to Andy Peaks' interview after the game you can appreciate why he made this move - and a glimpse at the Deeping Rangers teamsheet will reinforce his comments.
In fairness, my post was before today's match, before peaks interview and before feeling teamsheet. I was of course referring to Jordan and NGT though.

That said, I still think my comment regarding his attitude is fair point. Not the sort of player I particularly want to see in a diamonds shirt again. Give me a player with less talent and more heart any day
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

We can only hope Joel comes back with a point to prove. On his day he can turn a game and with some really difficult games coming up we'll need as much quality as we can find. In recent years we've dropped away with 10 games to go so we need to change that trend. Looks like McCloud is on his way out so we'll need to look at another winger imo, as I think we've got enough strikers.
AFC R & D member number 34