Kaziboni

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Kaziboni

Post by UttoDiamond »

Signed for Banbury on a month's loan from Tamworth. I'm actually beginning to hate that club. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: Kaziboni

Post by Dowlo »

No real surprise he's gone. Just a shame it's to Banbury and not back to Tamworth. That would have made it an easier pill to swallow.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I suspected it could be Banbury. This is problem with ‘loan players’ in they aren’t generally committed in the long term although Greg conducted himself in a A1 manner and showed plenty of quality and effort. I remain hopeful that he will return to our Club in the future. I hope Jordan can step up to the mark.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

This is a massive issue in my opinion as his contribution has been huge. I really don't understand what it is about Banbury. Are they prepared to pay a higher % of wages than we are? I know he was there last season but he was very evidently enjoying it here.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Hes contracted at tamworth till end of season (decent one from what I've hurd) So no doubt banbury are prepared to pay more than what we currently are towards his conny!! He certainly loved his time here,playing with a few of his mates too & came with a decent attitude! I'm guessing he'd of loved to stay with us,but out of his hands I'd imagine.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

By the sounds of his Twitter post "powers that be" - doesn't look like he was thrilled to go. Money talks though. Seems like Banbury are spunking it at the moment - they've just signed Lewis Wilson and have both Pablo Haysham and John Mills.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

gibston wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:18 pm Hes contracted at tamworth till end of season (decent one from what I've hurd) So no doubt banbury are prepared to pay more than what we currently are towards his conny!! He certainly loved his time here,playing with a few of his mates for too & came with a decent attitude! I'm guessing he'd of loved to stay with us,but out of his hands I'd imagine.
A strong rumour when he joined us was that Banbury wanted him then but Tamworth wouldn’t let him go there as they considered Banbury a title/playoff threat. Prior to Tuesday given our recent results and Banbury’s it was possibly the same reason just swapped the relevant clubs. I’m sure though they will be shelling out more than we could afford towards his wages but like you I’d love to see him back at some point in the future.