[ Tue 21st Jan ] v Hednesford Town, 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 21st Jan ] v Hednesford Town, 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews

Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

A match like that under the lights, it doesn’t get better. Fantastic effort by 10 men and despite going behind at worst possible time they stayed in the game and the momentum grew second half. Could see their defence starting to panic and when the changes were made the chance came. I thought the changes could have been made a little earlier but who cares. Great to see a real togetherness in the squad despite absences and although a disappointingly small crowd I thought the atmosphere was there second half. With results like Hitchin hammering Peterborough this league top 5 is going down to the wire.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Casey keeps improving & to be fair not even his preferred position,tonight I thought Jesse was outstanding & my mom. The changes were spot on & so pleased for Dovey,lad has been unfortunate with injury as was playing well until then! But his attitude seems 1st class which is great to see. Yet again the staff & players have stuck together & got us in & around the mix & punching well above our weight in terms of finances compared to 70% of our opponents! Top top work from Peaksy & co & all the players. #keepthefaith
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

A truly memorable game. The fighting spirit of the 10 men was top class, and just when it looked like their efforts might come to nothing the three substitutes caused enough confusion in the visitor's defence to grab the well deserved equaliser. Many players really caught the eye, with the likes of Casey and Akubuine getting better with every game they play.

Like many I had no idea what the red card was for - but we made amends for the Bromsgrove game by how we reacted to it.

A special mention must be made of how much better the pitch played than on Saturday - I'm sure the groundstaff should take plenty of credit, helped by a rare spell of dry weather.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Got to go down as one of the performances of the season, playing one of the fancied sides playing over 90 mins down to 10 with all the added time in both half’s and going a goal down and after all that I think most of us left slightly disappointed we hadn’t won.
The red card was very odd, both players were involved in a bit of foot action and their lad was all over Ben but I did assume when the ref called them over it was for nothing more than a “cut that crap out” lecture. The Hednesford fans near us spotted the gentle kick but not one of them saw or said anything about an elbow which was allegedly the reason for the card. Ben had his elbows up and may have pushed back but I saw nothing that warranted the action taken. That said the 🤡 in the middle was inept at best and I assume aspires to one day reach the dizzy heights of f...ing useless, if Bens was a red they had 2 nailed on yellows in the 1st half which would have certainly changed the way a couple of their players went into challenges after that, but ha ho Mr Davis was the centre of attention and appeared to very much enjoy his evening as well as probably costing us 2 points and missing a valuable player for 3 games so he probably considered it a good nights work.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

May have only been a point, but felt like three, absolute scenes when Dove scored and we should have nicked it at the end.

Others have touched on it, but that referee was shockingly bad! Then towards the end didn’t even give that lad who stamped on our player a talking to. I honestly don’t know where some of the refs at our level get their badge, probably from a cereal box!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Hednesford Town TV highlights - my word we battered them with 10 men in the second half didn't we? Superb performance! Camera doesn't catch Ben's "misdemeanour" but no-one apart from the ref seemed to care. What a knob-jockey.

Does anyone know if the 3-match ban kicks in straight away? If so, are we looking at Kaziboni in for Ben as the only change Saturday??
AFC R&D Member Number 444
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

UttoDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAPyh5 ... e=youtu.be

Does anyone know if the 3-match ban kicks in straight away? If so, are we looking at Kaziboni in for Ben as the only change Saturday??
I think the ban starts 1 week after the "offence". John suggests the same in the post match interview with Peaksy.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The three match ban should cover Needham, Redditch and Peterborough Sports. Good to see Ben apologise and the other players going on twitter. They are a real "together" squad. Shame we cant get Tomlin to join us.
What an exciting second half. On RD we were saying that if we can keep score to that single goal then anything can happen and as half wore on we were getting more and more confident. I reckon Peaksy and Co got sub timings spot on. We could not afford to throw caution to the wind too soon and allow them to get a goal and wrap the game up.

It was also good to only concede the one goal as just lately we have conceded rather a few too many despite the goal rush.

On to Saturday, hopefully Kaziboni and Slinn will have recovered, although I thought Farrell and Nat did great last night. Fans and players will probably be ready for our 10 day break if this excitement continues.

The top 10 teams are getting closer and closer to each other and there are plenty of head to head games coming up.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Post Match Report

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 48288?s=20

Ryan Dove is buried under a pile of his AFC Rushden & Diamonds team-mates after he scored the late equaliser.
Pictures courtesy of HawkinsImages