[ Tue 21st Jan ] v Hednesford Town, 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 21st Jan ] v Hednesford Town, 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

We need to get Jesse to sign a contract, more performances like Tuesday night and surely he’ll attract attention from other clubs.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:01 am We need to get Jesse to sign a contract, more performances like Tuesday night and surely he’ll attract attention from other clubs.
I am sure that both Jesse and Patrick are already being watched. I quite agree that it would be a good idea to get Jesse (and Patrick Casey) signed on contract, but we have to look at the cost to the club.
A contract is a two way agreement and we have to pay the player even when he is not playing. At present we have Alex Collard out for the season and Zak Reynolds for a few more weeks and I believe both are on contract as are Liam and Ben Acquaye (I think)

Also a contract is only going to be until the end of the season and I would not expect any other club to sign them before then, and at that point any interested club can take them for free. If they were not signed up by anyone during the summer then yes efforts I am sure would be made to get them on 12 month contracts for next season.
Unfortunately we are not in a position to put all our players on contract and it is a fact of football life that we are vulnerable to predators.
Having said all that, we would not want to stand in the way of a young player if he were given a good opportunity to further his career.

To be fair to clubs higher up the pyramid than us they would only be doing what we do when we find players at UCL clubs.

If any of the above is not factually correct then anyone please feel free to correct me.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

An excellent 2nd half performance from the lads, excellent, a well earned point (thought we deserved 3 points) I also missed the incident of it.

Looking on it, YouTube, it was never a sending off, the referee was poor, (very poor thought out the whole match) and has been piss poor before let's hope we don't have him again.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

train wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 am An excellent 2nd half performance from the lads, excellent, a well earned point (thought we deserved 3 points) I also missed the incident of it.

Looking on it, YouTube, it was never a sending off, the referee was poor, (very poor thought out the whole match) and has been piss poor before let's hope we don't have him again.
Now I've seen the highlights from our angle, I think you are right about the sending off. You see far more aggressive acts in many games, yet no action will be taken. I know it would be pointless to appeal, as the disciplinary people always defend the referee's judgement, and have no concept of consistency - but let's just hope we gave that referee the lowest mark possible.