[ Sat 16th Nov ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Nov ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:40 pm The highlights have a good insight into the yellow card decisions, and perhaps open a debate around the Perry / Ashton incident, in that should both players have received the same punishment, given Perry appeared to have initiated the waving of the handbags.
I’d agree chunky started it but Jacko was daft enough to put his hand on an opponents face and regardless of the circumstances many would say could be considered a straight red. Not reacting to provocation is we all know sometimes difficult but an art that must be learnt. Letter of the law they both could have walked but for me that was one of the few things the Ref did get right and go yellow and get on with the game.
Last edited by Brownie on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I see they have parted company with Darren Byfield today!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Brownie wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 pm
Formic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:40 pm The highlights have a good insight into the yellow card decisions, and perhaps open a debate around the Perry / Ashton incident, in that should both players have received the same punishment, given Perry appeared to have initiated the waving of the handbags.
I’d agree chunky started it but Jacko was daft enough to put his hand on an opponents face and regardless of the circumstances many would say could be considered a straight red. Not reacting to provocation is we all know sometimes difficult but an art that must be learnt. Letter of the law they both could have walked but for me that was one of the few things the Ref did get right and go yellow and get on with the game.
I think Jacko should have been sent off, surprised he wasn't! Their big boy only seemed to ruffle his hair, not really enough to slap him back. Watching the highlights back, I can see why Hicks went a bit crazy at the foul being given that led to his booking - was a great challenge! Hopefully won't see that ref again
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

rossco wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:42 am
I think Jacko should have been sent off, surprised he wasn't! Their big boy only seemed to ruffle his hair, not really enough to slap him back. Watching the highlights back, I can see why Hicks went a bit crazy at the foul being given that led to his booking - was a great challenge! Hopefully won't see that ref again
Agreed. Their 5 was lucky not to walk for the challenge on Jesse in the second half too. I'm not sure if the video was highlighting the game, or the ineptitude of the referee.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

davealbon wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm
rossco wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:42 am

Agreed. Their 5 was lucky not to walk for the challenge on Jesse in the second half too. I'm not sure if the video was highlighting the game, or the ineptitude of the referee.
Totally Dave number 5’s challenge was an out of control potential leg breaker and Hicksey won the ball clean as a whistle. Clear signs of attitude after our equaliser as our entire team was back in our half within seconds to get on with it and go for a winner while they were giving the impression of time wasting and hoping for a draw, that said half our teams bootlaces came undone within seconds of us getting said winner😂