[ Sat 16th Nov ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Nov ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

therushden wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Trek wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 pm Second penalty kick in a row missed. Now why doesn’t Bully take them? :hmmm:
because he's missed a fair few himself
Surely gotta be Jack ashton's turn or Sam Brown?
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Definitely deserved the 3 points, the better team for most of the game. Decent performance all round, not amazing but enough to win.
They were terrible imo though, no quality at all in their side. But anywhere with Guinness on tap and decent burgers is good for me
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Quality 2nd half allowed us to leave that dump with the deserved 3 points. Great character and desire shown from the lads to be fair to come back from 1-0 down although Alvechurch were awful, arguably the 2nd worst side after Leiston. Good to get the 2nd away league win of the season, hopefully the start of a winning run.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Delighted to see that result, gutted I couldn’t be there to see it! Important now to build on that and get a winning run going as we enter the festive period which always is an interesting period with so many matches played.

The table looks a little healthier now, the slide down the table appears to have been halted which is great. Honest assessment from Peaksy as always! Any 3 points away from home is a bonus!
94EE83A4-2240-4B05-8DF7-D3D48CBBEC1A.png
94EE83A4-2240-4B05-8DF7-D3D48CBBEC1A.png (345.24 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There's often talk about an opponent being a "Pub Side", but Alvechurch must come pretty close to one, with such a variety of shapes and sizes of players, constant haranguing of the referee, and generally poor play. I thought they were a step below any team we've faced at this level - and I can't remember too many at Step 4 that were that poor. We ought to have put them to the sword, but getting the three points was the most important thing.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:09 pm There's often talk about an opponent being a "Pub Side", but Alvechurch must come pretty close to one, with such a variety of shapes and sizes of players, constant haranguing of the referee, and generally poor play. I thought they were a step below any team we've faced at this level - and I can't remember too many at Step 4 that were that poor. We ought to have put them to the sword, but getting the three points was the most important thing.
Yes they were a poor outfit, although they have seemingly retained a couple of players from last season, including their captain (and former Hereford captain) Jamie Willets. The guy that scored against us today was making his debut, having just signed from a Step 6 side, and Kyle Perry has played in the Football League.

We very nearly left there with nothing today which would have been an injustice, but credit to the lads for digging in and grinding the result out.

A strange refereeing performance I thought. Didn't appear to have any sort of authority but tried to assert some by shouting at people.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Formic wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:09 pm There's often talk about an opponent being a "Pub Side", but Alvechurch must come pretty close to one, with such a variety of shapes and sizes of players, constant haranguing of the referee, and generally poor play. I thought they were a step below any team we've faced at this level - and I can't remember too many at Step 4 that were that poor. We ought to have put them to the sword, but getting the three points was the most important thing.
Obviously dropped down somewhat from last season then as didn't they make the play offs. Didn't go today, but remembered that they play on probably the slopeist pitch from side to side I've ever seen. A much needed win on the road, was just what we needed after an average run of results.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Well done to the lads for turning it around.
I was concerned if we lost that game we'd be looking at the wrong end of the table.
We need to improve on taking the chances we're creating.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The highlights have a good insight into the yellow card decisions, and perhaps open a debate around the Perry / Ashton incident, in that should both players have received the same punishment, given Perry appeared to have initiated the waving of the handbags.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Hard fought win but got there in the end, take a couple of the 1st half chances and we probably go on to win comfortably, Hicksy it appears is better on the volley from 18yards than a stationary ball from 12 😉
They were at the very best a bang average step 4/5 team who huffed and puffed a lot but produced little that resembled football. The big lad up top covered an amazing amount of ground for someone who’s more overweight than me, but they hardly possessed anyone who you’d refer to as a footballer.
Main issue of the afternoon was the obnoxious bald warrior in black, we will go far to find an official with his head quite so far up his own backside. It was the me me me show from start to finish and he genuinely had no idea what was actually going on. Their keeper was wasting time for 70 minutes the No 3 takes 5 seconds to long to take a free kick & gets booked. He booked their No 4 (I think) and pointed all around the pitch at places he’d committed other fouls, all of which were actually committed by the No 8, and best of all after we went in front he walked all the way back to the halfway line looking back giving the evils to one our supporters who had referred to him as “incompetent” then administered instant revenge on horrible Rushden by booking Nabs for doing his boot laces up, good job said supporter didn’t give a more accurate description and call him a “ f....ng useless opinionated little t..t” or we may have finished the game with 7.
Good 3 points on the road at what must be one of the worst places to visit in this league, I don’t feel the cold but wouldn’t want to go there in January given it’s warmer outside than in the complete heater free bar.