[ Tue 29th Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm FAT1Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Tue 29th Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm FAT1Q AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Couldn't make it last night, but an excellent and important result for the club. From what I can gather on social media it seemed like a really encouraging performance. The substitutes were given enough time to make an impact, which is a welcome change.

A money-spinning tie awaits in the next round as South Shields get crowds of around 1,500-2,000 for league games.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:45 pm Couldn't make it last night, but an excellent and important result for the club. From what I can gather on social media it seemed like a really encouraging performance. The substitutes were given enough time to make an impact, which is a welcome change.

A money-spinning tie awaits in the next round as South Shields get crowds of around 1,500-2,000 for league games.
Do we get half the gate in the FA Trophy?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:48 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:45 pm Couldn't make it last night, but an excellent and important result for the club. From what I can gather on social media it seemed like a really encouraging performance. The substitutes were given enough time to make an impact, which is a welcome change.

10% to the FA, 45% to each team of the net proceeds I believe - so that’s after match costs have been deducted.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Isn’t it funny that there are 8 pages of discussion after the bromsgrove game yet barely two for last nights result.
A week ago Banbury would have gone top of the league with a win, and I think I am safe in saying we were the better team over all three games. Macleod has been great, what a decent signing, he scored and set up the goals in the first win and ran tirelessly last night and finished the winner with cool head.

Ben Acquaye looks much better after a rest, and the loan signings of Hughes and Roberts have been excellent. The return of Brown, Reynolds and Dolman to match fitness has also played a huge part.

I think you have to give credit to the management team for the personnel that have come in, but also last night we started with 3-5-2 which didn’t work as well as Saturday, then they changed it to 4-4-2 from which we scored our equaliser and then to 4-3-3 from which we got our winner.

So a pat on the back for the management team and the also the players after this week.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

I’m doing my bit 12 posts and I’ve done almost half of them, it’s a fact unfortunately with sport supporters predominantly only discuss negatives, that said the was a great deal of very positive discussion around the ground last night. Banbury are a decent side, I’ve seen better this season but they are good and we have outplayed them for large parts of the 270+ minutes and lots of people deserve credit for that. We did suffer for a few games having a few key players missing or returning to full fitness but at full strength we can compete with anyone at this level.
Finally did anyone see the other game last night, I’m referring to the one Mike Ford the Banbury manager watched because it wasn’t the one I saw. His interview was a little bitter though after 5 minutes of excuses he did allow himself 7 seconds to mention we played ok.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Pigman wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:48 pm

10% to the FA, 45% to each team of the net proceeds I believe - so that’s after match costs have been deducted.
In all rounds prior to the Final, the net gate receipts are divided equally between the 2 competing clubs.

In the Final, each club receives 45% of the net receipts with 10% going into a pool which is distributed at the discretion of the National Game Board.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Brownie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pm I’m doing my bit 12 posts and I’ve done almost half of them, it’s a fact unfortunately with sport supporters predominantly only discuss negatives, that said the was a great deal of very positive discussion around the ground last night. Banbury are a decent side, I’ve seen better this season but they are good and we have outplayed them for large parts of the 270+ minutes and lots of people deserve credit for that. We did suffer for a few games having a few key players missing or returning to full fitness but at full strength we can compete with anyone at this level.
Finally did anyone see the other game last night, I’m referring to the one Mike Ford the Banbury manager watched because it wasn’t the one I saw. His interview was a little bitter though after 5 minutes of excuses he did allow himself 7 seconds to mention we played ok.

Listening to his interviews is as bad as listening to his keeper!!! Absolute b***ocks......

As I posted a fair few times when your working with a small budget compared to 80% of other teams in our league is tough enough,but then to miss 3 or 4 key players makes it really tough,then to make it worse it all comes when your playing all the top sides,so was always going to be ridiculously tough! If I'm honest I feel for niall cooper abit (keeper) as he got his chance at probaly the worse time with the above playing it's part,as hes also a very good GK. But again full credit to the management with thier decision making & imo its Kept heathy on his toes as hes now back to his best. I've always said that Peaksy done/does a cracking job with the resources he has & puts his absolute everything into this footy club & again imo has us over achieving! I'm not saying I agree with all his decisions of course,but again it's easier being a fan! But of late his selections have been spot on,I've personally enjoyed seeing the subs given alittle more time which for me has changed some of the game along with changing how we set up to impact the game,so well done to all the staff. Jordan McLeod is a good signing,been real admirer of him over the last 3 or 4 years,works hard scores goals & something different to what we have. You could see straight away him & Dovey linked up well before the latter has been ruled out with rib injury! Dove another lad who's done well in a afcrd shirt,works his socks off,wins headers,holds it up,strong & links play really well & I believe him & mcleod will cause defenders big problems. So right now the teams in a good place (dont mean were guna win every game) we've given the younger lads a rest who've all done really well as have the 2 boys from cobblers,So the squad has now a good mixture of players,we all of a sudden have a few players that can influence games,players to come of the bench that can make an impact & also win us a game,for me it's been a while since we had this kind of balance within our squad. Just feel going forward I'd like to see some of these players in & out of the starting 11,for me its been refreshing seeing alittle more rotation of players & like I've said seeing subs come on and make a big difference! Fingers crossed we can keep the 2 cobblers boys till new year.

All the best to Jack Bowen,real top lad who's been hampered with some little injuries here & thier and not really found the form he had with us the first time round.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

In the interests of lightening the workload on poor old Brownie, I can say I've watched the highlights from the match and it was a nice, positive win.
:biggrin: :drinks:
Tough old away draw to follow though so I'd be happy with a draw there
AFC R & D member number 34