[ Sat 31st Aug ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 31st Aug ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 31st Aug ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Last call for places on the coach!

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1166265453158850560
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

That was certainly a game of two halves. We were pretty lack-lustre in the first, but it's a while since we've been so dominant as we were in the second period. We closed down really well, Ben Acquaye forced the keeper into a good save, and we finally got the breakthrough we deserved. I think many, including myself expected Dove to be taken off rather than McDonald - but were glad to be proved wrong. Sam Johnson had a great chance to win it. Ben Heath deserves a mention though - once again an unsung hero.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

It must be a massive shock to everyone to see a right back looking good in the right back position and a left back looking the same! Put players in their right positions - please!!

352 is a great formation if you have the right players, we don’t! 442 for me all the way or 433 - but we’re blessed with some cracking defensive players, get them in their proper positions!!

Joint top of the table tonight with 3 other teams joining us on 13 points - but we could and probably should have won that match!

Far far better second half performance which should have delivered all 3 points!

I hate 4G pitches !!
Attachments
37415147-AD62-4F15-9E20-5DC88FACAE8A.jpeg
37415147-AD62-4F15-9E20-5DC88FACAE8A.jpeg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 3543 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Report

@AndyPeaks had an overall feeling of satisfaction after @AFCRD fought back to earn a point @RedditchUtd

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 87137?s=20

Ryan Dove shows his delight after he scored his first goal for AFC Rushden & Diamonds to earn them a 1-1 draw at Redditch United. Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match Interviews
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Pigman wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm It must be a massive shock to everyone to see a right back looking good in the right back position and a left back looking the same! Put players in their right positions - please!!

352 is a great formation if you have the right players, we don’t! 442 for me all the way or 433 - but we’re blessed with some cracking defensive players, get them in their proper positions!!

Joint top of the table tonight with 3 other teams joining us on 13 points - but we could and probably should have won that match!

Far far better second half performance which should have delivered all 3 points!

I hate 4G pitches !!
Absolutely Jim it's been wrong but we've got by. I text someone at the game and they thought we were playing 2-6-2 in the 1st half 🤔
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I’m just not sure why we set up the way we do.

Peaksy obviously has his reasons, and we’re joint top, so it’s working, but to me it pulls really good players out of their positions - Bully on the right of a three man defence isn’t right imo. In Sam we have possibly the best left back in the league, but he’s not a wing back! Zack the same at right back - Nat needs to be getting the ball further up the field where he can get behind them and do more damage. They call all do the roles they’re asked to, of course they can, but it’s not making best use of their attributes - again imo!

But we’re joint top of the table so nothing really for me to moan about and Peaksy has the coaching badges and as I said, has his reasons for the formation - I just don’t agree with him on this one.

What is good was the second half yesterday where we created so many chances and could easily have won that match and that is really encouraging, first half was just dysfunctional.

Looking forward to the FA Cup match and we’ve a tough one - but we could really do with a cup run this year!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »