[ Sat 24th Aug ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: NEXT UP! [ Sat 24th Aug ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:52 am It looks like being a nice afternoon for the match. Those travelling by car to Tiddington may consider a stop in nearby Wellesbourne, where the airfield has a well regarded outdoor market - https://wellesbournemarket.co.uk/ , and is also home to a Vulcan Bomber that can be visited - https://xm655.com/visits/
Of course others may be tempted by Stratford itself and the culture there.
Would you mind if I went straight to the bar at the Club
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Brownie wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:30 pm
Formic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:52 am It looks like being a nice afternoon for the match. Those travelling by car to Tiddington may consider a stop in nearby Wellesbourne, where the airfield has a well regarded outdoor market - https://wellesbournemarket.co.uk/ , and is also home to a Vulcan Bomber that can be visited - https://xm655.com/visits/
... and I took you as someone who would prefer the Bard ahead of the Bar. :innocent:
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Formic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 pm
Brownie wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:30 pm
... and I took you as someone who would prefer the Bard ahead of the Bar. :innocent:
He'll probably end up barred :biggrin:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Just back from Stratford.
Positives - erm, well, maybe? Hmmm, K*ttering lost. That's the only positive there was.

Negatives - where to start?
RULE 1, PUT THE RIGHT PLAYER IN THE RIGHT POSITION. Once again poor Nat got the short straw on the left, then ended up as a right full back. He's a RIGHT WINGER ffs. I heard a LOT of complaints from fans about this today.
RULE 1, PUT THE RIGHT PLAYER IN THE RIGHT POSITION. Once again poor Ben Acquaye was put on the right side of midfield for way too long. What a waste of a player.
I'm sorry but Jack Bowen shouldn't be starting, he missed an easy chance today and despite lots of effort did nothing productive.
And finally Jacko, ffs do the easy stuff first. A simple pass back turned into their first goal after he messed about and fell over.
We got caught out by a long ball team today, it wasn't good enough so now put it right on Monday.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:34 pm Just back from Stratford.
Positives - erm, well, maybe? Hmmm, K*ttering lost. That's the only positive there was.

Negatives - where to start?
RULE 1, PUT THE RIGHT PLAYER IN THE RIGHT POSITION. Once again poor Nat got the short straw on the left, then ended up as a right full back. He's a RIGHT WINGER ffs. I heard a LOT of complaints from fans about this today.
RULE 1, PUT THE RIGHT PLAYER IN THE RIGHT POSITION. Once again poor Ben Acquaye was put on the right side of midfield for way too long. What a waste of a player.
I'm sorry but Jack Bowen shouldn't be starting, he missed an easy chance today and despite lots of effort did nothing productive.
And finally Jacko, ffs do the easy stuff first. A simple pass back turned into their first goal after he messed about and fell over.
We got caught out by a long ball team today, it wasn't good enough so now put it right on Monday.
Yeah that was shite today, really lethargic performance, and I can’t disagree with any of your points. I would expect we’ll see changes on Monday, it’s fortunate we’ve got a game so soon to get today out the system.

Chris Wreh gave us the runaround today with his touch, finishing and aggressive closing down, which made the day all the more galling. Rarely has our two centre half’s been dominated like that. He’s improved a lot over the past few years on today’s evidence.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Aug ] v Stratford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews following our defeat to @StratfordTownFC

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:08 am Possible changes tomorrow? Johnson and Macdonald for NGL and Bowen. Will Collard be fit, if so do we leave out Ashton? Nice selection problems for Peaksy.

I think my prediction will come into place on Monday. return of Collard and Johnson with mac Donald to start.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:34 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:08 am Possible changes tomorrow? Johnson and Macdonald for NGL and Bowen. Will Collard be fit, if so do we leave out Ashton? Nice selection problems for Peaksy.

I think my prediction will come into place on Monday. return of Collard and Johnson with mac Donald to start.
Massiah McDonald has tweeted he has been called up for the next two Monserrat games. These are in the CONCACAF Nations League on 7th and 10th September, so he won't have a chance to make much of an impact before then. They have similar two match blocks in October and in November.

It was good to see Joe Curtis with the squad yesterday, so perhaps he will get a recall as we spent too long bypassing midfield yesterday.