[ Sat 17th Aug ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: [ Sat 17th Aug ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Ok, negatives first. I thought it was a tactical mistake to play Nat and Ben out of their natural positions, and because of this we struggled to attack as well as we have done. Still, no harm done. I was a little disappointed with the attendance but if we can stay near the top hopefully it will go up.
Positives, the lads battled away for the whole of the game and found a way to win. Great atmosphere and 9 points on the board.Good substitutions by management, I'd like to see McDonald start the next game.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

It was me that the lads seemed upset with. It seems I cheated but I tried to explain that I wasn't playing!!!

What a fantastic result. I stood as always near the away bench with some Boro supporters, players and also had good banter with some coaching staff. Most seemed to agree first sending off was justified. We were just saying a draw was a fair result when we scored. Don't forget we could have been 2.0 down If it wasn't for Ben's two stunning saves. Talking to guys seated in the new stand the tip on to the post was equally as good as the first save. For me Ben was my Mom

On to the Boro bench. When the coach was first warned it was not him that made a comment but what I did find out from the incident was that the rules have now changed and the coach is held responsible for any ill discipline in the technical area. This will explain why many of us thought the ref booked the wrong person from our coaching team at Barwell.

Great result. Well done lads. Keep positive and remain confident
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's post match interview/report

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 53344?s=20

Boss @AndyPeaks hailed a 'fantastic' week as @AFCRD maintained their perfect start to the @SouthernLeague1 season to move to the top of the early table

Sam Johnson heads off to celebrate after he scored AFC Rushden & Diamonds' second goal in their 2-0 win over Nuneaton Borough.
Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

ET Picture Special - https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 58048?s=20

And finally for this morning... PICTURE SPECIAL: @HawkinsImages were again on hand to capture the drama as it unfolded as @AFCRD made it three wins out of three with late goals sinking nine-man @NuneatonBoroFC

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

From the Non-League Paper - from our Facebook Channel - https://www.facebook.com/afcdiamonds/

Screenshot 2019-08-18 10.48.23.png
Screenshot 2019-08-18 10.48.23.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3284 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Don't forget to also follow the AFCRD Facebook Stories Channel as well in your Facebook Mobile App, managed by some of the Social Media Team. Get involved in the Score Predictions before the game.

Also see in the Facebook Web App via - https://www.facebook.com/stories

FBStoryKO.png
FBStoryKO.png (775.69 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Still absolutely buzzing from that result yesterday.

Can't fault the lads really, stuck to it, dominated possession for the majority of the game and kept their composure to nick all 3 points.

Would have happily taken a draw against a team of that stature before kick off, but in all honesty, I think they failed to impress. The lack of discipline from their bench seemed to filter down to their players and it ultimately cost them. Their keeper was a joke from the first whistle and it made the breakthrough that bit sweeter.

Great to have Reynolds back, and to see faz get back on the pitch for some minutes. Jacko Ashton has really impressed me this season so far, and the improved squad really depth shows when we keep a clean sheet against one of the 'big teams' while missing someone as string as collard at the back.

Hoping to see McDonald partner Tom up top from the start soon, looks like he puts himself about a bit more, which Tom has really needed at times.

Not getting too carried away, but 3 wins out of 3 and we've been good value for all of them. Hopefully we can continue this form over the double header next week and really give ourselves a solid platform for the season.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273