[ Sat 10th Aug ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm AWAY SLPDC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Aug ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm AWAY SLPDC

Post by Dazzler »

Paul Judd's Radio Diamonds Preview..

https://twitter.com/Diamonds962/status/ ... 0635111425

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I don't usually do predictions but I'm full of optimism and am going for a 1-1 draw, followed by a 2-1 win on Tuesday and another draw next Saturday. Wind could play havoc with today's match. COYD. I will be listening to Radio Diamonds but hope to be at next couple of games.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Totally agree Sussex Diamond i think the wind is going to make all games a lottery today, going to be some freakish goals scored. With the wind behind i would tell he players to have a pop all the time
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

See Radio Diamonds Stats for Free - on twitter - https://twitter.com/radiodiamonds
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Great result. Just the start we needed. Just one more goal and we would have been top of league tonight. :drinks:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A very good win to start the season. I'm not sure Barwell will prove to be much cop over the course of the next 8/9 months, but any away win is a good win in this league and it's a little bit sweeter coming on the opening day. Not a great deal of quality generally, not helped by the wind, but we did create chances throughout the game which was a positve.

I mentioned in a post last week that I think Ben Acquaye could be crucial for us this season and he was certainly important for us today. A lot of our best work at the top end of the pitch went through him. Hopefully we can keep him fit. We've got Reynolds and Johnson to come back in to that XI too at some stage.

Had to mention Liam Dolman though who was brilliant throughout although in truth it was only what we've come to expect. I wouldn't have wanted that chance to fall to anyone else at the back post.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 pm A very good win to start the season. I'm not sure Barwell will prove to be much cop over the course of the next 8/9 months, but any away win is a good win in this league and it's a little bit sweeter coming on the opening day. Not a great deal of quality generally, not helped by the wind, but we did create chances throughout the game which was a positve.

I mentioned in a post last week that I think Ben Acquaye could be crucial for us this season and he was certainly important for us today. A lot of our best work at the top end of the pitch went through him. Hopefully we can keep him fit. We've got Reynolds and Johnson to come back in to that XI too at some stage.

Had to mention Liam Dolman though who was brilliant throughout although in truth it was only what we've come to expect. I wouldn't have wanted that chance to fall to anyone else at the back post.
Agree with all of this, a bit like we encountered with Redditch last season, Barwell weren't up to much but at least it gives us a bit of confidence at the start of the campaign.

Bully and Collard were excellent throughout, not just through their play but the way in which they marshalled the game, very vocal and a great organisational help for the new, young players in the team.

Overall a pretty enjoyable game despite the diva of a referee who thought everyone was there to watch him. I've become used to the officiating being highly questionable but that chap was a completely clueless clown!
Everywhere we go....
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/116029 ... 63232?s=20

Man of the Match @liamdolman and manager Andy Peaks following the 2-0 opening day victory at @BarwellFC1992

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Post Match report...

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 23652?s=20

Liam Dolman is mobbed by his team-mates after he opened the scoring in AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 2-0 success at Barwell.
Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages