New Recruits for 19/20...?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: New Recruits for 19/20...?

Post by Brownie »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 pm Not too gutted about Westbrook leaving, always had the potential to be a bit of a liability.

Shaun Jeffers has just left Brackley, he's a striker. Anyone know any more about him?
Yes lots he grew up in Oakley and his parents still live there, he’s 27 went to Bedford Modern school and was at Coventry as a youngster. Has played for a couple of league clubs and various Step 1 & 2 sides. He came on as a sub for Telford at Goodison in the FA Cup a few years back but the most important fact is, we can’t afford him.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:52 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:33 pm Not too gutted about Westbrook leaving, always had the potential to be a bit of a liability.

Shaun Jeffers has just left Brackley, he's a striker. Anyone know any more about him?
Yes lots he grew up in Oakley and his parents still live there, he’s 27 went to Bedford Modern school and was at Coventry as a youngster. Has played for a couple of league clubs and various Step 1 & 2 sides. He came on as a sub for Telford at Goodison in the FA Cup a few years back but the most important fact is, we can’t afford him.
What about his star sign and shoe size Brownie?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

davealbon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 am
Brownie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:52 pm

What about his star sign and shoe size Brownie?
Virgo & 11
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:14 pm Another winger I think we could/should tempt is Greg Kaziboni from Banbury who is another Northampton lad with bags of ability
Has left Banbury. Expected to sign for a new club shortly.... :rtfm:

http://www.banburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/g ... 29267.html
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Fairlamb signed on for another season at Brackley.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Alex Collard has signed a contract for the season. Great news! :drinks:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Great news about Collard, although he could still leave if someone makes a good enough offer to him and the club, but at least we can now get a fee for him. Hopefully we can also get Reynolds onto a contract.
I have not given up hope of Fairlamb coming on loan.
I think with our budget we are going to have difficulty signing any "big" names, but I am confident Peaksy and co will find some decent players for us and maybe we will be able to introduce some from our Under 21's and 18''s
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The news about Fairlamb yesterday was a blow as I had hoped we'd be able to get him back, but that blow was softened today by hearing that Collard had signed a contract with the club. Fantastic news!

Provided we can keep the other members of the back 5 then I'd say that area of the pitch is sorted. It's the other end that we've got a problem!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 pm The news about Fairlamb yesterday was a blow as I had hoped we'd be able to get him back, but that blow was softened today by hearing that Collard had signed a contract with the club. Fantastic news!

Provided we can keep the other members of the back 5 then I'd say that area of the pitch is sorted. It's the other end that we've got a problem!
I would not rule out Fairlamb completely. If he continues as an impact sub he may prefer to come to us on loan.. it really depends on if he can prove to Wilkins that he is worth a regular place.
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:23 am
BartonRaz wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 pm The news about Fairlamb yesterday was a blow as I had hoped we'd be able to get him back, but that blow was softened today by hearing that Collard had signed a contract with the club. Fantastic news!

I would not rule out Fairlamb completely. If he continues as an impact sub he may prefer to come to us on loan.. it really depends on if he can prove to Wilkins that he is worth a regular place.
I had a chuckle to myself after the last game of the season when we got promoted when he said to a couple of us at the bar that he thought he was good enough to play at the level above. I don't think he was wrong to take the chance but I can't say my opinion has been changed and I honestly don't think he'd be a stand out player other than the fact that we don't have many other options in wide positions.

Personally, I wouldn't be affected adversely if he rejoined nor be distraught if he didn't, he wouldn't be that much of a difference maker at this level and his distinctly average goalscoring record in our promotion season supports that quite well I think.
Everywhere we go....