Play Offs

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Play Offs

Post by sussexdiamond »

As soon as Warrington go three goals up place a £100 on Kings Lynn to win!!!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:44 pm I was surprised to see the suggestion that the newly formed North Ferriby FC might enter at stap 5.
That seems to happen when the reformed club is able to play at the old club’s ground eg Chester and Hereford.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I suppose if kings lynn didn’t get promoted then they only would next season anyway.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

King’s Lynn win 3-2 after AET with Michael Gash scoring the very late winner so it will be interesting to see who takes their place in the SLP Central next sadon.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Trek wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:05 pm King’s Lynn win 3-2 after AET with Michael Gash scoring the very late winner so it will be interesting to see who takes their place in the SLP Central next sadon.
This leaves one to many in the Northern Premier, so presumably we get Hednesford. The FA might be tempted to transfer Stafford as well and send Coalville north. Or perhaps they'll just give us Grantham instead. In addition maybe they will go for a bigger change and put the Suffolk clubs in the Isthmian and give us the other Herts/Bucks clubs :unsure:
I guess we will just have to wait and see, anything is possible with the FA.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It's been a hell of a turnaround there since the current manager took his job back after leaving last season. Based on what I've seen of them against us I'd imagine they've got their work cut out to stay at Step 2.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:45 pm It's been a hell of a turnaround there since the current manager took his job back after leaving last season. Based on what I've seen of them against us I'd imagine they've got their work cut out to stay at Step 2.
I don't think money is too much of a problem to them. I am sure they will do quite well. They are a big club geared up for playing at that level.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

So I'd say we'll probably see these clubs next season;-
Peterborough $port$
Bromsgrove Sporting
Nuneaton Borough

After that it's a lottery - Cheshunt? East Thurrock?
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bishops Stortford and Hednesford are my guess. But we usually get some club go bust at this time which throws everything into chaos. It is not inconceivable that Gateshead or Ebbsfleet could have serious problems very soon if a new owner is not forthcoming.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Deryck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 am
Adrian wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:28 am Does anyone have a link to Tony Kempsters league projection document for next season?
Is this the one that you're after?

http://goo.gl/5UvkvE
That's the one thank you :) love looking at the unusual team names "Mousehole" :hehe:

I expected that Nuneaton would be going bust after their very strange method of splashing the cash at the beginning of this season.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎