Favourite moment/game of the season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Favourite moment/game of the season

Post by Olly »

rdusher wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 pm Moment of the season is tough. Hick's goal against that lot, as people have already mentioned was amazing as a moment, but tarnished as a memory by the result that day. Probably has to be the last couple of minutes away at Hitchin for me. (Special mention for Paul White crying to the ref when he got a drop of juice on him last week though :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: )

Game of the season, where to start? The 0-0 at home to St Ives? The 0-0 away to St Ives? lol
[\b]Probably the Friday night at home to Tamworth for me. Hope we get more opportunities for Friday night football, certainly has a great feel about it. [/b]And Tom's late equaliser that night was another great moment
Agree with this, I remember saying something similar after the game, was a particularly good atmosphere that night and a good contest against a former Conference team, would be nice to try out Friday night football again one day.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Friday night against Tamworth. Football under floodlights has a better atmosphere.
A great night as well as good football
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

As much as liked the Tamworth game as a one-off, 'm not sure I can have another sober Saturday like last week. I mowed the lawn and went to Tesco.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:29 am As much as liked the Tamworth game as a one-off, 'm not sure I can have another sober Saturday like last week. I mowed the lawn and went to Tesco.
With at least another 10 Saturdays before the PSF begin your lawn will look immaculate and my Tesco shares will soar in value.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

2 favourites moments for me.

1. Winning 4-3 at Hitchin was a very good moment, leaving it late and scoring 2 late goals to win the match excellent.

2. one is, away at Alvechurch, purely because it reminded me of the fact that in the previous season we were in the Southern Central/East league, which ended in promotion for us. :biggrin:

And thinks could have been completely different for us, had we of been in the Northern South league.