Favourite moment/game of the season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Favourite moment/game of the season

Post by bozzer »

Thoughts on your favourite moment and also favourite game of the season.

Moment : Hicks goal at K*ttering
Game : close between needham market and Leiston, I think needham just shaves it as we were on fire that day
AFC R&D Member No. 67
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Favourite moment/game of the season

Post by therushden »

two injury time pens, to get a draw. these things never happen to us, next thing we know, we'll be winning penalty shoot outs.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Hitchin away - a late equaliser just as we’d all accepted defeat followed by an even later winner. Absolute scenes!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Both games against Kings Lynn were memorable. We came so near to completing the double over them. IMO they will win the Play Offs but may struggle if drawn against S Shields in the Super Play Off.
In the game at Lynn we were superb, only denied victory by a very late equaliser and in the home match a terrific rearguard performance gave us the victory.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Moment: Hicks goal at K*ttering for me too, awesome moment even if the day didn't end well.
Game: Wasn't at most of our exciting away days, so it perhaps would be the opening day of the season for me, the 5-2 win over Redditch. Sure the Redditch team was poor at the start of the season, but to start life at step 3 with a thumping win like that (and two goals in just the first ten minutes!) was fantastic :biggrin:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Favourite moment was the late winner at Hitchin after such a topsy-turvey game.
Favourite game was the one at Leiston. After such a long trip I thought it would be a fruitless journey when I saw the team line-up with two new centre backs, yet we were able to win the game well.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Favourite moment has to be Hicks' goal at K*ttering, closely followed by Sam Johnson's late winner at Hitchin.

Despite only missing 4 league games I did manage to miss both the Leiston and Needham Market away victories. The aforementioned win at Hitchin was probably my favourite overall game in terms of entertainment, but from a performance point of view I don't think I saw a better display than the one we put on in the 3-1 win against Coalville in October.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Favourite moment. The goal on Saturday at Tamworth. We deserved at least a point, and having not scored in so long it was nice to be able to get the last goal of the season rather than watching the opposition celebrate again. Also had we lost we would have dropped lower down the league. 9th place finish is a fair position based over the entire season. It's also nice to score a goal as an away fan when the side you playing has a sizeable home following too.

Best Game, Tied between Leiston and Needham Market. Nice of the players to put on 2 of the best performance of the season for my 2 local "away" games! Both games we played some of the best free flowing, passing and attacking football I've seen since we reformed as a club 8 years ago! We would have beaten anyone in the league those days, at the time both opposition were in around the Play-Offs themselves so we did well to put them to the sword like we did. Oh and Declan Rogers goal at Needham was bloody outrageous!
HawkinsImages

Post by HawkinsImages »

Moment / photo of the season!

It has to be the incredibly late comeback away at Hitchin in January! Scenes in the terrace and even the players joined in! Then this photo that I managed to capture of sheer delight in Albie’s face was something I won’t forget for a long time to come! Made up for losing on New Years Day for sure! Just a shame that picture of Albie wasn’t in focus. ☹️

Also the Needham Market (A) was a good match to remember, after a fairly decent start to life at step 3, this was the result we all needed to kick us on in the run up to Christmas!

And even then, Leiston (A) was another good one! After the incredibly positive news of the potential to get our own home in the future, that result topped off in what I would say was the best week the club has ever had in terms of positive news IMO!
65290D66-E5F6-41D2-8F0B-181CE1852D1C.jpeg
65290D66-E5F6-41D2-8F0B-181CE1852D1C.jpeg (737.85 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
D2A25560-0398-444F-8E79-7833CFF36FD5.jpeg
D2A25560-0398-444F-8E79-7833CFF36FD5.jpeg (146.81 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
Same again next season anyone?
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Moment of the season is tough. Hick's goal against that lot, as people have already mentioned was amazing as a moment, but tarnished as a memory by the result that day. Probably has to be the last couple of minutes away at Hitchin for me. (Special mention for Paul White crying to the ref when he got a drop of juice on him last week though :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: )

Game of the season, where to start? The 0-0 at home to St Ives? The 0-0 away to St Ives? lol
Probably the Friday night at home to Tamworth for me. Hope we get more opportunities for Friday night football, certainly has a great feel about it. And Tom's late equaliser that night was another great moment