[ Mon 22nd Apr ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 1pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Mon 22nd Apr ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 1pm ESCP HOME

Post by bozzer »

Ticket update - There are plenty of tickets still available for @KTFCOfficial supporters for tomorrows bank holiday fixture, just under 50% of the allocation of 850 have been sold to date.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

bozzer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:22 am Ticket update - There are plenty of tickets still available for @KTFCOfficial supporters for tomorrows bank holiday fixture, just under 50% of the allocation of 850 have been sold to date.
Less than 500? Very TINPOT 😂😂😂
with us getting a pasting yesterday we could struggle to get over 1000.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I honestly thought they’d turn up in droves to celebrate and ram it down our throats that they’re champions - obviously that 84p ticket charge is too rich for their blood ! :innocent:

Bank Holiday, awesome weather - it’ll probably hit the attendance anyway as people will be chilling and doing other things - plus a 5-0 drubbing does little to enthuse people to part with a tenner does it?

I’m looking forward to a few beers and hopefully seeing us react to Saturday’s debacle. :drinks:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Saturday's disaster and a run of below-par performances doesn't bode well for tomorrow, but it's not like they're exactly playing that well either, only beating a dismal and relegated Halesowen 1-0 and losing to mid-table Barwell at home for the title celebration party on Saturday, they seem to have well and truly taken their foot off the gas with the title being in little doubt for months now.

End of the season and nothing to play for or not, after Saturday, these players have all got a point to prove and to put in a big performance to prove whether they're worth keeping on beyond this season. It's a massive opportunity to redeem themselves in a local derby against the champions, absolutely no excuses for not being fully up for it, I want to see a performance like the ones we saw against King's Lynn or Stratford, do that and maybe we'll have a chance of getting our revenge from NYD, come on you whites :good:

I'll predict 1-1, 1567 crowd.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 100 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Pigman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:11 pm I honestly thought they’d turn up in droves to celebrate and ram it down our throats that they’re champions - obviously that 84p ticket charge is too rich for their blood ! :innocent:

Bank Holiday, awesome weather - it’ll probably hit the attendance anyway as people will be chilling and doing other things - plus a 5-0 drubbing does little to enthuse people to part with a tenner does it?

I’m looking forward to a few beers and hopefully seeing us react to Saturday’s debacle. :drinks:
Some of their supporters refusing to go because they don’t want to give us their money!!! I paid £20 when we beat them 3-0, I didn’t really want to give them my money either, but I was always going to go because I’d follow my club anywhere regardless of the opposition!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Fair play to the lads for working hard today to try and make up for Saturday, they didn't disgrace themselves, they defended very well I thought today, but again, hopeless with the ball and going forward, totally lacking any kind of quality or ideas that could have gotten us back into it, we could be still playing now and I don't think we would have scored. And why we left it so late to bring on Johnson and Acquaye, hardly allowing them any time to get into the game I've no idea, they needed to be coming on at 65/70 minutes with Diamond really.

Disappointing day and to be finishing a very respectable season at this level with a whimper, lots of work to be done over the summer, we have a solid back line who provide a good foundation to build on that I'd love to see back next season, but elsewhere we clearly need changes.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:07 pm Fair play to the lads for working hard today to try and make up for Saturday, they didn't disgrace themselves, they defended very well I thought today, but again, hopeless with the ball and going forward, totally lacking any kind of quality or ideas that could have gotten us back into it, we could be still playing now and I don't think we would have scored. And why we left it so late to bring on Johnson and Acquaye, hardly allowing them any time to get into the game I've no idea, they needed to be coming on at 65/70 minutes with Diamond really.

Disappointing day and to be finishing a very respectable season at this level with a whimper, lots of work to be done over the summer, we have a solid back line who provide a good foundation to build on that I'd love to see back next season, but elsewhere we clearly need changes.
Pretty much what i was going to say.

After Saturday I was primarily concerned with just avoiding an embarrassing scoreline. We didn’t disgrace ourselves at all and if we had anything about us whatsoever in an attacking sense there was maybe something in the game for us, but it wasn’t to be. It felt like K*ttering played the game in first gear.

Another year, some more odd voting in the player of the season vote. How Nathan Hicks didn’t win that I don’t know, and he wasn’t even in the Top 3! Been our most consistent performer all season alongside Reynolds albeit Reynolds missed the first month or two. I don’t begrudge Lorraine the award though, he’s had his best season for the club.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The late substitutions has been a regular feature of this management team. It has been another poor run in with only 10 points from 33 available.
Bully said on Saturday it wasn't the manager's fault and it was a fair attempt today, but we have no flair from midfield going forwards which must be addressed in the close season.
AFC R & D member number 34
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

The lads worked hard today and regained their pride and it’s no disgrace to lose to the champions. A return to 3 at the back and wing backs limited the opposition and only a quality goal divided the teams. Surely that formation is our strongest and most competitive. We were competing and winning 50 /50 balls and the effort was admirable. Yes going forward we didn’t threaten or create many clear chances but if we can recruit successfully a couple of strikers and a bit of creativity in midfield we can continue to make progress at Step3.
Football is a game of many opinions I had Zac or Alex as a shoe in POY but in terms of effort as a solo striker all season Tom deserves his award.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 100 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The game had a real end of season feel to it. Neither team had anything to play for. They’d wrapped up the title, and our play-off hopes were over.

Not sure if they were taking it easy, but they didn’t particularly impress me. Then one thing I did notice however, was the experience they had in their squad.

Off the pitch their support was poor, they only started singing once they went ahead, then they quickly went quiet again. Also I see they were complaining that we didn’t give them a guard of honour. We’re rivals, would they have done it had the roles been reversed?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73