[ Sat 20th Apr ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Apr ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by YoungDiamond »

Worst performance and result since we re-formed. Not entirely sure what the tactics were or if there was even any plan put in place before the game but we couldn't string 3 passes together which is worrying. 1 upfront clearly doesn't work, Shanks has a thankless task with no support which is proven by only scoring 6 goals in the last 10 games. Not entirely sure why we decided to bring a defender on at 2-0 down and put Hicks at right mid with a midfield pairing of Curtis and Bully?! Looks like we will finish 8th-10th, which is on the face of it is a good season. However, 2 poor cup runs and an extremely dreadful end to the season has turned some fans away and has ultimately shown which players are good enough for this club and highlighted a few that might need to move on in the summer. Big reaction needed on Monday to avoid embarrassment.
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

It felt like we went into the perfect storm today.
The team have achieved so much this season keeping us challenging for play off positions and creating an impression that we were a strong Step 3 club. However we have had a number of issues which hard work and a superb defence have masked over the season. Today those issues ALL came to the fore against a strong and skillful Coalville team.
Our goalkeeper is prone to silly errors which badly affect his confidence. Today ouch!
We expect Tom to live off scraps up front on his own. He was dominated by tall defenders.
We play one up front and hope to grab a goal and defend it. Tom is knackered.
We do not pass accurately and today could hardly string an attacking move together so we hit high balls and they just keep coming back. This has been happening for months but we have scrapped for a narrow win and all those draws.
We have played players who are clearly not Step 3 level or at least not in the top half teams. Today several of those players were sadly exposed.
Our management seems reluctant to express passion from the sideline and make early changes. Today we saw their manager vocal and adjusting and directing their players even when five up. Ok his language was ripe but he made their players jump.
However the lads will bounce back on Monday and do themselves justice. Yes I’d have taken our present league position last August.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

The very worst thing about this afternoon was I had to endure that sober, something I shall rectify on Monday !!

It’s all been said above, the players know that isn’t good enough, they’re collectively and individually better than that.

Hopefully we’ll see a reaction on Monday! 2 games to go, hopefully we can at least see a performance in both games that salvages some pride.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Honest interviews from Bully and Peaksy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPqxo_j ... e=youtu.be
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with manager Andy Peaks and captain Liam Dolman following todays heavy defeat @CoalvilleTownFC

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1119698400121950209

Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Whilst it may be an honest interview from the management, that holds little solace if I’m honest as this has been coming for at least three months. I don’t think the players purposely go out of their way to play badly, although I think at least one may have their minds on other things, but that horrific performance was nothing less than I expected at some point. I haven’t seen us play well since the first half hour away at Hitchin. If we turn up in the same frame of mind on Monday we’ll be embarrassed beyond belief.

At this moment in time I fully expect a massive beating, which is not a good feeling.
Everywhere we go....
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

You can clearly see Bully was devastated at the result.

I think some of the players need to take a look at themselves because it hasn't been good enough. Evidently K*ttering will embarrass us if we put in a performance like that tomorrow. I'm expecting them to beat us anyway, anything else will be a bonus.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73