That lot up the road

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

That lot up the road

Post by Brownie »

Press announcement from them, another large brush has swept a very unpleasant incident under the equally large carpet. If social media is to be believed the person who overheard the racist remark has received a letter in which the perpetrator said. It was a private conversation and I’m sorry you overheard it. So you can make racist comments in public as long as you don’t intend them being overheard. Sorry K*ttering we moved on from that many many years ago, well at least civilised society did.
I now await being castigated for not allowing them to conclude the matter and questioning their findings by the official K*ttering press office and No one fan. Fire away Jon because I don’t condone racism and I’m happy to stand up against it, and you can defend your beloved K*ttering to the hilt. But on the way they conduct themselves as a Club we may have to agree to differ.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: That lot up the road

Post by sussexdiamond »

The player abused was Orrin Pendley of Rushall Olympic. Last season a similar incident occurred when K*ttering played Redditch, on that occasion the player abused was also Orrin Pendley who is a former Ploppies player.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Feel sorry for their chairman, he pumps money in and does that academy thing In China only for certain fans of his club to be racist which makes the whole club look bad, seems to be happening regularly too.

It is what it is but personally I feel they should be stripped of being able to use the word /poppies\ in their name.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Mr O'Connor is very upset by the way the club have handled it judging by his twitter. He is still seemingly happy to continue to take pay cheques from a club that doesn't deal with racism proper. Thus making him a massive hypocrite! :good:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dowlo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 am Mr O'Connor is very upset by the way the club have handled it judging by his twitter. He is still seemingly happy to continue to take pay cheques from a club that doesn't deal with racism proper. Thus making him a massive hypocrite! :good:
That's a bit harsh on O Connor. The decision has only just been announced. We don't yet know if he will react. Maybe he will see out the season and then leave.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I would suggest that O’Connor would likely be on contract so wouldn’t be able to leave even if he wished unless, of course, any racism comments were aimed directly at him.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 am I would suggest that O’Connor would likely be on contract so wouldn’t be able to leave even if he wished unless, of course, any racism comments were aimed directly at him.
Could refuse to play though at the risk of being sacked. Having followed this from the start and read most if not all Aarons public comments regarding it I am a little surprised by some of his comments last night. He was very vocal from the start almost demanding those responsible received a life ban (nothing wrong with that) and remarking this was the 3rd occasion in his time at K*ttering, again vocal last night, "I don't wanna see him in the ground again" "so he's not been banned for life which is what I was told would happen to any individual caught being racist on the premises" Massiah McDonald was the one saying he'd received a hand written letter with the sentence "it was a private conversation I'm sorry you had to hear it"
So from the above there is little doubt it happened and Aaron isn't happy with the to be honest pathetic response by his Club, a talking to about being mindful of his vocabulary and they may have had to read a Kick-it-out booklet, there was after all "no intention to cause any alarm or distress" (is the person who penned this press release from the same planet as the rest of us) So when someone asked the question if it wasn't time for him to walk he replied with comments like "shut up mate" "if I wanna know how u see things I'll ask you for your opinion. Till then ….Silence.
A lot of people have got behind Aaron on this and rightly so, and I guess the cynic's out there may say should he remain a K*ttering player, after all his justified comments the price he appears to put on racist comments is less than 8 weeks wages to play for them, not my view I would state but one that may be levelled at him.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

To be honest I'm surprised he ever joined that lot. Didn't they direct racist abuse at him years ago? Pays the bills I guess.

I know we're biased somewhat, but they really are a scummy little club with no class.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Norfolk Diamond

Post by Norfolk Diamond »

With regards to Racism (my own opinion) I don't think its gone away at all. What has gone away in some part is public racism. People are very aware of the consequences of shouting or saying anything racist, sexist or religious for fear (rightfully) of punishment.

I don't believe anybody who is racist or any other 'ist' will change their view point, they have probably been that way since birth. Thankfully new generations are more tolerant and it will take a generation to be rid of it.

Like most things once made illegal it merely goes underground.

Yesterday we had a ' fan ' run on the pitch and punch a player, then in a later game another fan runs on the pitch an pushes a player. It seems one starts it and then more crawl our from under their stones.