[ Mon 11th Mar ] v Rushall Olympic FC, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Mon 11th Mar ] v Rushall Olympic FC, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Easy to be downbeat after another defeat, but this wasn’t a bad performance and 2-0 flatters Rushall who were no better than us, if not slightly worse on the balance of play. A couple of lapses of concentration defensively cost us, the second goal in particular was a really well taken lob over Ben Heath from a good distance, but ultimately one that could easily have been avoided.

Unfortunately to win games you need to score goals and we’ve now gone practically 3 full games of football without scoring any. That’s probably the main concern at the moment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

We have done really well this season and did well to be in contention for play offs for so long.

We still have a chance to win the Hilliers Seniors Cup, hopefully we can keep trying and not just let the season fizzle oot.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 pm Easy to be downbeat after another defeat, but this wasn’t a bad performance and 2-0 flatters Rushall who were no better than us, if not slightly worse on the balance of play. A couple of lapses of concentration defensively cost us, the second goal in particular was a really well taken lob over Ben Heath from a good distance, but ultimately one that could easily have been avoided.

Unfortunately to win games you need to score goals and we’ve now gone practically 3 full games of football without scoring any. That’s probably the main concern at the moment.
I quite agree. It was a far more entertaining game than many where we've scraped a point. I should think we had more corners than in almost any of the games we've played this season. I don't think the experiment of pushing Sam Brown into midfield worked though - we need him at left back to cut out the errors on that side of the pitch, which cost us the freekick that led to their first goal, and for the attack to break down that led to their second.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

One of those nights, we probably created more half decent chances last night than the previous 3 games put together but could have still been there now & not scored. It’s clearly not your day when 2 goal bound shots are deflected wide off your own players, coupled with the opposition keeper making a few good saves, and of course a few wild efforts. Other than the goals I’m not sure they had another effort in the 1st half, took them both well though and I won’t mention the 2nd looked very offside, I was dead in line (as was the Lino on the other side) but as neither of them were capable/competent enough to make a single decision all game no great shock it wasn’t given.
Decent curry across the road pre match was another plus. Possibly one of our better performances in last few games just lacked that bit of class or luck. If we play like that Saturday we will probably pick up 3 points, unless Needham do as most appear to be doing recently & have their best game for a while against us.
On a different note, Martin Carruthers & Mark Clifford have both left Basford, thought they were fixtures and fittings there.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's update..

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 6140787713

Andy Peaks' AFC Rushden & Diamonds suffered a 2-0 loss at Rushall Olympic
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

I didn't think we were THAT bad last night - just lacked a killer pass. We are lacking a bit of creativity, and made two silly mistake for the goals. It seems like our season is petering off a little bit, which is disappointing but not unsurprising. I don't think we're going to make the playoffs now, need some big results over the coming weeks - and we've gone cold in front of goal. Not a good sign.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Latest from Jon Dunham as he speaks with Andy Peaks..

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 6425605120

Jack Bowen in action for AFC Rushden & Diamonds during the 2-0 defeat at Rushall Olympic.
Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273