[ Sat 16th Feb ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 16th Feb ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 16th Feb ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Also next week, we have pre and post-match Football in the Crosskeys Bar (BT Sport).

Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County FA Cup 5th Round 12:30 BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD

Newport County v Man City FA Cup 5th Round 17:30 BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD

BTS-FACUP_Social.jpg
BTS-FACUP_Social.jpg (118.73 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The weather app on my phone for the next ten days is showing sunshine and cloud almost every day, with just 20 per cent chance of rain on the Monday before the Stratford game. So that should be good news for our groundstaff.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

After such a good win against KL we really must not drop points in this game or that would undo all that was gained. We need to go on a winning run of four or five games, 14 would be nice!!! This season we have not won more than two in a row so now would be a great time to start.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Thursday article, Player Interview ahead of Saturday's game..

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 6466868224

Alex Collard in action during AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 1-0 victory over King's Lynn Town last weekend.
Picture by Alison Bagley
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's latest article previewing the match, and chats with Andy Peaks

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 8325136384

Action from AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 1-0 win over King's Lynn Town last weekend.
Picture by Alison Bagley
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I'll finally be able to get to a game. I think the last game I attended was back in November, beyond my control as I was given afternoon shifts at work :dry:

A win would be nice. :clapping:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Not much entertainment today to attract back any spectator who spotted the pay what you want promotion and came along to see what was on offer.

It's difficult to be critical of a management team who have done so well to get us in this position, but the fact we are so well placed must give them licence to take a few risks when we are struggling, as we clearly were in the second half today. Once we did change the approach for the final quarter of an hour we found an attacking threat. Quite why we signed Ben Acquaye is a mystery unless he's an expert in warming benches.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A game of two halves. First half we were largely in control and looked threatening throughout without really testing the 'keeper. Second half there was only really one team in it and it was so one-sided that we were very lucky to escape with a point in the end. The second half was summed up by Farrell's corner in the dying embers which basically rolled along the floor and was easily cleared by the first man.

If you'd have offered me 4 points from back-to-back games against King's Lynn and Leiston I would have taken that. A game awaiting us on Tuesday which will probably be very similar to today.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:33 pm Quite why we signed Ben Acquaye is a mystery unless he's an expert in warming benches.
Agreed it is hard to be critical but you've got to laugh at this situation. Over the past few years I can think of plenty of occasions where we've been desperate for wide players. Now we seem to be stockpiling them despite the fact we continually play a striker out of position on one wing, effectively leaving one position up for grabs. What's more, the best one of them all seems to have gone back to his parent club.

FWIW I thought John Dean had a decent game today and did very well defensively. I should imagine this move from Kempston isn't turning out quite how Acquaye had hoped.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291