[ Tue 5th Feb ] v Cogenhoe Utd, KO 7:45pm HSCSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 5th Feb ] v Cogenhoe Utd, KO 7:45pm HSCSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Feb ] v Cogenhoe Utd, KO 7:45pm HSCSF HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

We need to treat this game with respect. A final v Brackley Town is the likely reward. Another exciting evening at Sixfields beckons. Cogenhoe won at K*ttering in the first round and beat Posh Sports on pens in the last round and they do have some useful players. I don't know if our line up will include the players who been subs lately or whether Peaksy will want to give the "regular" line up a run out after Saturdays postponement.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I hope we go full strength, chance to play brackley at sixfields in the final, I believe if we were to win that we would face cobblers at home in the maunsell cup in pre-season, potentially another big crowd at Hayden Rd. COYD
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:46 pm I hope we go full strength, chance to play brackley at sixfields in the final, I believe if we were to win that we would face cobblers at home in the maunsell cup in pre-season, potentially another big crowd at Hayden Rd. COYD
Will the final definitely be at Sixfields? Last year was at the D&D and the year before Corby got to play at home :ermm:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think last year's final was scheduled for Sixfields in April but that match was postponed because of a fixture backlog that needed to be cleared in time for the play offs to take place.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Historically, they've moved the Hillier Cup final around different venues in Northants. Unless already announced, I don't think there's any guarantee it will be at Shitfields.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Whoever make the final Sixfields would be equidistant. Might sound a bit hollow with Cogenhoe v Brackley Saints though!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Apparently the Brackley Town v Brackley Saints is the first ever meeting of the two.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm Apparently the Brackley Town v Brackley Saints is the first ever meeting of the two.
Total nonsense that Brackley Saints are allowed to play in the competition. Whilst I accept that they have separate squads you would have thought that there was a more deserving Northants affiliated club.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Trek wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm Apparently the Brackley Town v Brackley Saints is the first ever meeting of the two.
Total nonsense that Brackley Saints are allowed to play in the competition. Whilst I accept that they have separate squads you would have thought that there was a more deserving Northants affiliated club.
Nothing the NFA can do about it. The FA accept the fiction that they are a separate club and allow them to play in the FA Cup and Vase. If they win the Hellenic League, which is quite possible, they expect to play in the Southern League next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101