Pressure telling on Marcus Law?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Pressure telling on Marcus Law?

Post by sussexdiamond »

Watch his post match interview from last nights defeat to Biggleswade. I'm no behavioural psychologist but he looked really tired, drained and despondent. The look of a man under intense pressure (he should try being Prime Minister). Blamed his centre backs and keeper,claimed his squad were physically too short/weak, and wants to offload a couple( don't mind if Aaron O Connor wants come to us!!!). They are expected to not just get second place but to win this league as the play offs situation will be so much more difficult to win this season. In the next 10 days they have to play Royston, Coalville and Stourbridge. I wonder what state he will be in after that run? :byebye:
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: Pressure telling on Marcus Law?

Post by Pigman »

I kind of wanted them to win last night purely to take points off Biggleswade, a fellow play off contender. But the comedy value of seeing them lose and start to sweat is fantastic.

The pressure is on now - the budget and squad they have should be seeing them stroll this league, but they’re in a battle now. Makes for great viewing.

I still expect them to come good and win the league, but they are going to have to dig deep now and show a level of character I’m not sure they possess - guess we’ll see!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pigman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:49 pm I kind of wanted them to win last night purely to take points off Biggleswade, a fellow play off contender. But the comedy value of seeing them lose and start to sweat is fantastic.
My thoughts precisely.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Following on from K*ttering selling pictures of Hoenes scoring the winner against could we not follow suit and raise money for our ground improvements by selling pictures of him receiving his Red card for diving on Tuesday. If we open it up to the rest of the league we may have enough for a new stand by the weekend!!!!😂😂😂😂
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I had not realised that Hoeness had been sent off in additional time. Surely it could not possibly have been for cheating. Have refs at long last sussed him out? My best case scenario is that we deprive them of title on Easter Monday and then beat them again in play offs 😱
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Apparently Paul White didn’t reprise his ‘silly walk’. :blush:
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 pm I had not realised that Hoeness had been sent off in additional time. Surely it could not possibly have been for cheating. Have refs at long last sussed him out? My best case scenario is that we deprive them of title on Easter Monday and then beat them again in play offs 😱
Revenge is a dish best served with an easter egg.
That'd be funny.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 pm I had not realised that Hoeness had been sent off in additional time. Surely it could not possibly have been for cheating. Have refs at long last sussed him out? My best case scenario is that we deprive them of title on Easter Monday and then beat them again in play offs 😱
It was, booked for simulation and the first was for dissent :laugh:

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sp ... -1-8771044
A miserable second half was summed up when Rhys Hoenes was sent-off in stoppage-time for simulation in the penalty area after he had previously been booked for dissent.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

If Elliott Sandy is to be believed on twitter then Marcus Law is bankrolling them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

That was an open secret to be honest - although K*ttering fans refused to believe it! I don't think he's a great manager to be honest, and if you can't win the league at a canter with that squad you don't deserve to be managing.
AFC R&D Member Number 444