Ground Grading Update and Fundraising Initiative

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Ground Grading Update and Fundraising Initiative

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
UttoDiamond

Re: Ground Grading Update and Fundraising Initiative

Post by UttoDiamond »

Are we saying this £30k needs raising by 31st March then to get ground grading?? Personally I think buying a temporary stand may be a better solution anyway than pouring money into the old stand at HR. We can then take it to the new ground with the terraces, and bolt on any additional capacity that may be needed.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's article -

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 4611508225

AFC Rushden & Diamonds have some work to carry out at Hayden Road before March 31
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

UttoDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am Are we saying this £30k needs raising by 31st March then to get ground grading?? Personally I think buying a temporary stand may be a better solution anyway than pouring money into the old stand at HR. We can then take it to the new ground with the terraces, and bolt on any additional capacity that may be needed.
The stand is already on order, if we can raise 30k then it stops us having to use any reserves.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but are there any plans to reduce the height of the perimeter fencing in front of this new stand so that people can see more of the pitch?

I'm hoping to start taking my 4 year old more regularly now and was looking forward to completion of the main stand for this reason (so that I could pen him in and stop him running around!). When I last took him to a game back in April his match day experience wasn't great because he couldn't see anything with the perimeter fencing being so high all the way round. As we're handing out leaflets to schools and trying to encourage kids to come to the games I think it would be well worth getting this sorted out behind the goal at the PDB end where most of the seating will be.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am Sorry if this has already been mentioned but are there any plans to reduce the height of the perimeter fencing in front of this new stand so that people can see more of the pitch?

I'm hoping to start taking my 4 year old more regularly now and was looking forward to completion of the main stand for this reason (so that I could pen him in and stop him running around!). When I last took him to a game back in April his match day experience wasn't great because he couldn't see anything with the perimeter fencing being so high all the way round. As we're handing out leaflets to schools and trying to encourage kids to come to the games I think it would be well worth getting this sorted out behind the goal at the PDB end where most of the seating will be.
We did address that on the members forum, at the minute there are no plans to as whilst we appreciate it is a fan experience thing, it would cost the re manufacture of all the sponsors boards along the prime sponsor board placement, along with the actual cost of the works, we felt the money would be better spent achieving items which are a necessity for ground grading. It is something we are aware of though and in time would like to address, finances allowing of course.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am Image
Such a tinpot thing to do, another classless act from presumably one of their fans. Such a strange thing to comment on too.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

bozzer wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am
UttoDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am Are we saying this £30k needs raising by 31st March then to get ground grading?? Personally I think buying a temporary stand may be a better solution anyway than pouring money into the old stand at HR. We can then take it to the new ground with the terraces, and bolt on any additional capacity that may be needed.
The stand is already on order, if we can raise 30k then it stops us having to use any reserves.
Thanks for the clarification Jon. Can you still donate without the seat naming thing? Will be popping in some cash on Saturday. :good:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am Image
Try mostly to not comment on anything they do or say but this is unbelievable. Appears to be from official site but you’d like to think not, however they used to allow access to their twitter account by someone who allegedly spat at an opposition player and they are the Club who wished a safe journey home to K*ttering fans only following a game against Diamonds so I guess little is beyond them. Is the anyone at that Club who had an ounce of respect or decency, sorry stupid question we all experienced K*ttering hospitality recently to get a insight into their mentality. I’m sure this will probably get a mention on Radio Ploppy Saturday if the 🤡 doing the commentary isn’t to busy biging up his friends the officials or demanding a penalty every time Hoenes falls over.