Ground Grading Update and Fundraising Initiative

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Ground Grading Update and Fundraising Initiative

Post by Adrian »

Their football club should not have to apologise for the behaviour of their fans.

They should track down who did it and ban him from their club for 2 years, it will teach him or her a lesson,

They've been trusted with the clubs official account and have dented that trust by not being just immature but being a little thick and not considering 1 - the negative attention it gains the club he is meant to support, 2 - personal views should be expressed in your personal account etc.

At the end of the day it's a bit of jealousy, they want a new stand at Latimer Park... I thought they had got a plot of land in K*ttering but that obviously aint moving very fast so they probably think we will start progressing off the pitch while they stagnate.

Just my pennies worth.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Regarding the land they have identified I believe they are having some issues with acquiring an access road.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm
At the end of the day it's a bit of jealousy, they want a new stand at Latimer Park... I thought they had got a plot of land in K*ttering but that obviously aint moving very fast so they probably think we will start progressing off the pitch while they stagnate.
I can't see them being jealous of us. Given the disposable income they clearly have at the moment I think they're likely to be playing in a new ground before we've even laid a brick.

Stamford's new ground took 8 years to go from concept to reality, and that's despite the fact i'm guessing some of the money required for that was provided by the landowner / property development company who purchased the land their existing ground was on. They also received funding from the Football Association, Football Foundation and the Skills Funding Agency.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 am Regarding the land they have identified I believe they are having some issues with acquiring an access road.
One of our fans who works for Broughton Estates told me a few months back that access to the site would be a major issue.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm
They should track down who did it and ban him from their club for 2 years, it will teach him or her a lesson,
They know exactly who it is as do a fair number of our fans. I guess the Ploppies have already changed their twitter password. :blush:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Regarding the tweet from the K*ttering twitter account, if you know who was behind it, as I'm sure most of us do then it should come as no surprise! *cough* James *cough* Funny how his personal account was deleted shortly after!!!

He rubbed a lot of other clubs supporters up the wrong way, even some of his fellow supporters weren't exempt from his wrath!

He tweeted a few months ago saying our fans let the club down (from their official twitter) which was then swiftly deleted! Why they let a known thug (spitting at an opposition player, and headbutting another!) have access I'll never know, I guess it shows their lack of class.

I don't for a second believe that he forgot he wasn't signed in to his personal account.

The club did actually wish our club good luck in our initiative, but as others have said no actual apology.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73