[ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Update: Match Preview now added.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/K*ttering-town-v-afc-rushden-diamonds-new-years-day

Bring on the K*ttering - with Marcus Kelly...

BringOnTheKetteringMarcus.png
BringOnTheKetteringMarcus.png (286.55 KiB) Viewed 4695 times
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Moved this part from St Neots thread.
Olly wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:32 pm And on a certain other game over the festive period the following week, do we have any idea of ticketing/matchday details for that yet? Obviously I assume it will be segregated, but are they going to do tickets for it and have a limited number of away fans, as LP certainly hasn't exactly got acres of room...
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Will this game definitely be 3pm, won't be moved to earlier kick off for any reason?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Really looking forward to this, I have never called them Rivals since we reformed as the old club was money based and the new club is community based so two totally different strategies.

Now as a new club and finally competing in the same league they become our proper rivals and it should be a great atmosphere.

They shouldn't really be losing considering their players on paper but they've had some shocking results lately so I think it's a good time to be playing them!

With a few of their fans on Twitter suggesting sacking their manager I wouldn't be surprised if their fans turn on him if they go a goal down to us.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Totally agree, Adrian, I've been looking forward to this one since the fixtures come out and kind of since we reformed as well, if you had said we'd be playing them again in the league in just six years when we reformed, people would have thought you were bonkers, but here we are, facing them as league rivals once more. I really do hope everyone at the club will be up for this one even if the rivalry isn't what it once was, cause it will be a fantastic start to 2019 to face them in league football again and even better if we beat them :clapping:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Olly wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:25 pm Totally agree, Adrian, I've been looking forward to this one since the fixtures come out and kind of since we reformed as well, if you had said we'd be playing them again in the league in just six years when we reformed, people would have thought you were bonkers, but here we are, facing them as league rivals once more. I really do hope everyone at the club will be up for this one even if the rivalry isn't what it once was, cause it will be a fantastic start to 2019 to face them in league football again and even better if we beat them :clapping:
If you go by twitter then their supporters appear to consider us their main rivals more so than we do them. Some of the comments from their supporters after playing them were quite disturbing.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Marcus law such an idiot
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Anyway back to the game. The pallet end , is that the same end we had last year in the cup? The 3-3 game.

Not allowed into the bar as it’s just for home fans but can we get beer around our stand?
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I will never forget how they danced in our grave at Nene Park, the fact we are playing them in the league says a lot about each club.

We are the underdogs but as long the players give 110% we will sing with pride no matter the score. Lets get behind the boys i'm sure they will do us proud.