[ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Match preview and Match Poster now updated at the top of this thread. Please take note of the various instructions on parking/access etc..
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

A couple of things we can be sure of on Tuesday. At least one red card will be shown. At least one penalty will be awarded, probably when Houness is unable to resist imitating Tom Daley. :nono: And at least 1400 in attendance. By my reckoning K*ttering have been awarded about 15 pens already this season.I hope Ben Heath has done his homework. All in all it should be an eventful day!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:05 pm A couple of things we can be sure of on Tuesday. At least one red card will be shown. At least one penalty will be awarded, probably when Houness is unable to resist imitating Tom Daley. :nono: And at least 1400 in attendance. By my reckoning K*ttering have been awarded about 15 pens already this season.I hope Ben Heath has done his homework. All in all it should be an eventful day!
Yeah, they do get a stupid amount of pens and like you say, Hoenes is probably responsible for getting most of them, when I saw them earlier on in the season in the FA Cup (for work reasons, not out of choice I might add lol) they got 3 penalties and could have had more, you've got to stop Hoenes running in behind your defence otherwise you're ****ed, the Hednesford defending on that day was clumsy for sure, they just didn't know how to handle him, but it's no secret they've got a dangerous attack. So do we though :cool:

They're in mixed form though, they would have only drawn against Bedworth if it hadn't been for the linesman ruling out a goal in the last minute and had some pretty dismal results against Redditch, St Ives and Banbury, so we definitely have a chance of getting something from the game even if we will undoubtedly be underdogs.

I'm going go for 1-1, Diamond to score, crowd of 1500 with 500 away fans there.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jan1stA6Derby.png
Jan1stA6Derby.png (645.78 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1079091526528061440
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

So where can we get a beer before the game then as we’re not allowed in the club house?
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's latest pre-match interview with Andy Peaks - https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 2739548160

"POPPIES V DIAMONDS: Peaks wants to put on a show for the fans"
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

diamondsteve wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:10 am So where can we get a beer before the game then as we’re not allowed in the club house?
Well you can start off at the Crosskeys, at Hayden Road, Rushden which will be open from 11am tomorrow ahead of the game.
Can't comment on anywhere in Burton for closer to kick off.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

And don't forget Jon Dunham's Twitter Poll for the match...

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 1749079047
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Ryhs hoaness is by far the biggest cheat I've see in non league football.Watched thier highlights vs kings Lynn,he blatantly tried to cheat 2nd half for a pen!!! It's about time something gets done about it.... they other week they get Holmans red over turned (correct decision imo) however how often do you see that happen at our level........ So when you have the same player week in week out trying to cheat something should be done about it,most clubs now video thier games so know excuses!!! So you know for a fact tomoro they'll be a decent crowd & he'll do his up most to wind everyone up by throwing himself to the floor every time someone gets near him!!! Like someone said the amount of pens they get is embarrassing,& 90% of them are threw him Conning refs & cheating!!!! Come on you DIAMONDS........