[ Sat 29th Dec ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 29th Dec ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 29th Dec ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up, on Saturday we entertain Biggleswade Town.

Post Match, at 5:30pm in the Crosskeys Bar, we have the Liverpool v Arsenal Match showing.

PL_Liverpool-v-Arsenal_1200x700.jpg
PL_Liverpool-v-Arsenal_1200x700.jpg (565.91 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Super Saturday. Amazing coincidence that the top six are all playing a mini league tomorrow. First v Third, Second v Sixth and Fourth v Fifth.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Deserved that in the end, went one down against the run play, worked hard to get back into the game, not sure their pen was one but given how average McNamara had been he was always likely to contribute at some point, certainly contributed with the belter of a 3rd. No denying either of our pens or the red card for David Longe-King who to be fair could have gone in the 1st half, I hope someone told him the final score given he was so keen to tell us all it was 3-1 when he departing to enjoy early use of the showers & sadly missed the last 2 goals of the match. The antics prior to Ben taking the 1st pen were a total embarrassment particularly from The Waders Captain who the ref probably should have been strong enough to book, though he may have taken the view doing that would have delayed things further, well done to Ben for keeping his composure. Happy New Year to all and probably see you Tuesday.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Conceded 3 goals yet that was one of the best defensive displays I've seen at our club from Collard. Can't wait to see him and Bully together with Reynolds and Brownie either side. Albie Hopkins had a great game topped off with a great finish. Great comeback, deserved the point overall. Would like to see Dean given more game time as Diamond was quiet today and Johnson is yet to make an impact. Bring on Tuesday!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think the forced change at half-time which resulted in Nathan Hicks going back into midfield made a real difference - with Hicks changing the whole shape of our midfield with his vision and determination as he has been doing in recent games. It is always so good to see a team get punished for scandalous gamesmanship - the referee really should have cautioned a couple of the Waders players, but I guess they got their punishment in the end.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Unbelievable comeback!! Just crazy stuff to get two late pens like that, especially considering how flat and quiet the place went after the third went in, that looked to be that (I didn't see a comeback tbh) and so many people had left by the the time we equalised, should be a lesson learnt for those, never leave a game so early, there's always the chance of a couple of late goals, especially at this level. A great end to end a great year :drinks:

Hope this can spur the boys onto the massive game on Tuesday, no excuses not to be up for that one, it could be a cracker :clapping:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

So after going behind we could have just given up and played it out or conceded more. But we kept going till the end, didn't give up and were rewarded with a point.

Sometimes having a blip can keep everyone's feet on the ground and today at the same time we displayed a spirit to keep pushing, personally for me a hard fought draw against a decent Waders side could have a more positive effect on the team for the rest of the season than winning.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Great finish to the game. Shame about their antics at the first penalty. I thought the no. 6 looked fortunate to not get a red in the first half.

Great fighting spirit today and although they scored 3, we need to remember that we had 3 defenders out who would have been first choice earlier in the season. When Dolman and Ashton are back that won't be an easy decision for Peaks, but a good situation to be in.

And a great finish for their goal today as well.

Overall, a game that had it all.